Covid comas take various forms

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Covid comas take various forms

Post by Hi5 »

About a year and a half ago I bought a new target butt. It was on sale for cheap and it was advertised as capable of stopping bolts flung by a Ballista. You know, one of those Roman gizmos that could fling an iron bolt 5 feet long more than five football fields. It was even capable of stopping arrows from one of those devil inspired wheeled bows that Normous sells.

The only thing I've poked it with was my toe as I pushed it aside a bit so I could get past it in my garage.

A bit less than a year and a half ago I bought two packs of Swat crossbow mechanical broadheads. They've sat in my desk drawer at work. Every once in a while when I'm looking for pens, I'll pick up the package and visualize a broadhead mounted on an arrow. Then I put them back into the drawer, right next to the two packs of Excalibur Trailblazer mechanicals.

I made up my mind that I would be ready for archery elk season last summer, so I decided I really did need a new bow. My friend invited me to hunt again at his place and he's got all kinds of game, moose, elk, deer, bear, wolves, and even has photos of cougar on his trail cameras. I needed a new bow.

So about a bit more than a year ago, I decided to buy the Suppressor 400 TD. I unpacked the bow from its shipping carton, put it in its nice case, set the case on a shelf in our TV room, and it's sat there undisturbed for the last year and a bit.

I didn't get drawn for archery elk hunting last year, so that's when everything stopped. This year I got drawn, so it's time to wake up and smell the coffee....or maybe even some smelling salts. Something, anyway, to move me from this coma.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
xcaliber

Re: Covid comas take various forms

Post by xcaliber »

One step at a time, good luck! Hope you’re ready soon and have fun getting there. Glass is half full buddy! :thumbup: :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

COVID has done more than put some people in a coma. Some have become forgetful, confused, out of touch with reality, and even paranoid and feeling threatened. Hopefully, when all this insanity is over, they'll come back to their senses. :eusa-pray:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
grouse

Post by grouse »

I'm jealous! Good luck, and we're all looking forward to reading about your upcoming adventure in a couple of months.
axiom
350 SE
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Congrats on the Elk tag!! Good Luck!!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!