Welcome to license/permit/tag/stamp season.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: Welcome to license/permit/tag/stamp season.

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:59 am
AJ01 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:56 pm
Well...new license don't go on sale here until the end of August. :thumbup:

That'll be around $70 bucks by the time I add all the "extra" permits to mine!! But that is for what is called a Super Combo Resident License. That's all my tags except Federal Duck Stamp and it includes my fishing license and tags also!!! Out-Of-Stater's run like $350 (I think), just for the tags. That's the cheap part in Texas!! :eusa-think:

Today (07/24/21) I put in for 3 different "draw hunts" here in Texas. It's like playing the lottery, only worse!!! :lol: :lol:
I've been putting in over 14 years for a Pronghorn Permit in the Rita Blanca National Grasslands up in the Texas Panhandle. Maybe this is the year? :eusa-snooty: :roll: :lol:

This spring (2022) I'll put in for one of the few Eastern Tukey hunts up around Caddo Lake.
Hunting the Rio Grand species is as simply as sitting at the deer feeder in 2/3rds of the state!! It's the Eastern's that are the trick!!
Told ya I was a glutton for punishment!!! :eusa-deadhorse: :lol: :lol:
Andy, are you old enough to get the “ Senior” Super Combo? First year for me.😊
Not yet Paul, I still got 2 years, I'm still a teenager!! :eusa-naughty: :lol:
But as a perk of getting older, I do look forward to the reduced price!! :thumbup:
Now if TPWD would just create a "Senior Draw System", that would be a program I could really look forward to joining!! :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:09 am
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:59 am
AJ01 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:56 pm
Well...new license don't go on sale here until the end of August. :thumbup:

That'll be around $70 bucks by the time I add all the "extra" permits to mine!! But that is for what is called a Super Combo Resident License. That's all my tags except Federal Duck Stamp and it includes my fishing license and tags also!!! Out-Of-Stater's run like $350 (I think), just for the tags. That's the cheap part in Texas!! :eusa-think:

Today (07/24/21) I put in for 3 different "draw hunts" here in Texas. It's like playing the lottery, only worse!!! :lol: :lol:
I've been putting in over 14 years for a Pronghorn Permit in the Rita Blanca National Grasslands up in the Texas Panhandle. Maybe this is the year? :eusa-snooty: :roll: :lol:

This spring (2022) I'll put in for one of the few Eastern Tukey hunts up around Caddo Lake.
Hunting the Rio Grand species is as simply as sitting at the deer feeder in 2/3rds of the state!! It's the Eastern's that are the trick!!
Told ya I was a glutton for punishment!!! :eusa-deadhorse: :lol: :lol:
Andy, are you old enough to get the “ Senior” Super Combo? First year for me.😊
Not yet Paul, I still got 2 years, I'm still a teenager!! :eusa-naughty: :lol:
But as a perk of getting older, I do look forward to the reduced price!! :thumbup:
Now if TPWD would just create a "Senior Draw System", that would be a program I could really look forward to joining!! :lol:
I have been putting in for some of the draws since mid 80’s. Been drawn for a few. Much fun!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Me too!
First one I got drawn for was Chapparral. Great place. I put in for the Deer and Javelina hunts there. I put in for the hunt at the Nature Conservancy in Bandera this year. Place is supposed to be overrun with Aoudad!! I enjoy hunting those guys, just can't take all the climbing I use to when my knees weren't shot. They are fun to hunt out west!!

TPWD has a Turkey hunt out in Young County this spring. Graham shouldn't be too far a drive for you! It's shotgun or bow only.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:04 pm
Me too!
First one I got drawn for was Chapparral. Great place. I put in for the Deer and Javelina hunts there. I put in for the hunt at the Nature Conservancy in Bandera this year. Place is supposed to be overrun with Aoudad!! I enjoy hunting those guys, just can't take all the climbing I use to when my knees weren't shot. They are fun to hunt out west!!

TPWD has a Turkey hunt out in Young County this spring. Graham shouldn't be too far a drive for you! It's shotgun or bow only.
I got drawn for a javelina hunt at Chap in '85. I noticed that they took all the stand-by hunters as well. I asked our guide if they always took all stand-by's and he said he couldn't guarantee that.....but that they tried on the javelina hunts to be REAL accommodating. I have been 7 times to hunt javelina. Got drawn for either sex deer in 2001, shot decent buck. I am always amazed at the amount of different game I see down there. When Colton was younger the youth hunts were easier to get drawn on and much fun too. I may try the spring turkey.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:41 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:04 pm
Me too!

I got drawn for a javelina hunt at Chap in '85. I noticed that they took all the stand-by hunters as well. I asked our guide if they always took all stand-by's and he said he couldn't guarantee that.....but that they tried on the javelina hunts to be REAL accommodating. I have been 7 times to hunt javelina. Got drawn for either sex deer in 2001, shot decent buck. I am always amazed at the amount of different game I see down there. When Colton was younger the youth hunts were easier to get drawn on and much fun too. I may try the spring turkey.
A few places try real hard to accommodate "stand by's". Some not so much.
It helps to take a hard look at the draw hunt data that TPWD puts out. I know when I got the 1st email on the hunts from them this year, It had a kinds of info in it.
You can also download the TPWD "Outdoor Annual" to your phone and the TPWD "My Hunt Harvest".
I remember when TPWD use to print a booklet for all these hunts. Nowadays it's all online. My how times have changed!! :wink:

And....on a different note....Any of you reading this thread can apply for any of of these hunts. If drawn you will need to purchase the appropriate license at that time. All the info can be found at Texas Parks and Wildlife's website.

Happy Hunting!!
flightattendant100

Yep, and changing is not my best trick!
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I totally feel your pain. I haven't itemized my fees yet but I'm afraid to do it. I'm just getting ready to buy all my permits and I'm sure it will be an arm and a leg.
Florida License for everything is 105
Georgia License non-resident is 300
Missouri non resident- deer-have not priced yet
N Dakota non-resident- waterfowl and upland game- have not priced yet
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I totally feel your pain. I haven't itemized my fees yet but I'm afraid to do it. I'm just getting ready to buy all my permits and I'm sure it will be an arm and a leg.
Florida License for everything is 105
Georgia License non-resident is 300
Missouri non resident- deer-have not priced yet
N Dakota non-resident- waterfowl and upland game- have not priced yet
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Geez as with most western States we have a Drawing system here. Only thing i could get was 1 Deer tag, FAD n it was $15 plus my $7.50 Hunting Lic. So next year will be diff, as we shall proceed to the West Coast States. Most of them are Drawing n higher tag fees
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Big45

Post by Big45 »

Only $90 spent this year on a deer and black bear tag all for Ontario. In the new year I have to renew almost everything :shock:
flightattendant100

Put in my applications for the State Draw Hunts yesterday, have had applications in for a while on a couple of area lakes Corp of Engineer land. Just got notified that I got drawn at Lake Grapevine for deer. Will go pick up permit this week. It’s archery only and access is limited.( lots of walking) but it’s close to home and quite a few deer. We will see what else we draw this year.😊
flightattendant100

Well, just found online that I got drawn on Lake Benbrook as well.😊
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:30 pm
Put in my applications for the State Draw Hunts yesterday, have had applications in for a while on a couple of area lakes Corp of Engineer land. Just got notified that I got drawn at Lake Grapevine for deer. Will go pick up permit this week. It’s archery only and access is limited.( lots of walking) but it’s close to home and quite a few deer. We will see what else we draw this year.😊
Congrats Paul!!
So far, I got NOTHING!!! :eusa-doh:

Good Luck on the hunts!
flightattendant100

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:07 am
Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:30 pm
Congrats Paul!!
So far, I got NOTHING!!! :eusa-doh:

Good Luck on the hunts!
Thanks, Andy. Now to work my butt off scouting!
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:32 pm
Well, just found online that I got drawn on Lake Benbrook as well.😊
My sister in law lives right there near Lake Benbrook. Lots of deer in the area
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly