rangefinders

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

rangefinders

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

I have a halo 450 and am happy with it. good for archery, fairly accurate. looking for one for archery and coyotes up to 500 yds. any suggestions?
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
Boo

Re: rangefinders

Post by Boo »

I have a Leica and a Bushnell Scout 1000 and the red LEDs, brightness of lenses and the clarity of the Leica easy beats the Bushnell for ranging small objects at long ranges. The red led system also makes for better targeting in low light. The Leica also is constantly reading as the object changes distances. So what ever you get make it a one that constantly ranges and uses the red LEDs. Clarity and brightness is important too but not as important as the first 2.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

If your wallet can afford it, I suggest purchasing the best you can afford and call it a day. I have tested lesser costing rangefinders at bow ranges successfully , however , to my eyes lesser costing units left some desirability at longer ranges likely due to average glass used to manufacture low to mid costing rangefinders.

I have used my clear glassed Leica ranging little Prarie dogs in South Dakota and Wyoming and never seemed to second guess it's repeatable reading characteristics, not even once.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Normous wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:34 pm
If your wallet can afford it, I suggest purchasing the best you can afford and call it a day. I have tested lesser costing rangefinders at bow ranges successfully , however , to my eyes lesser costing units left some desirability at longer ranges likely due to average glass used to manufacture low to mid costing rangefinders.

I have used my clear glassed Leica ranging little Prarie dogs in South Dakota and Wyoming and never seemed to second guess it's repeatable reading characteristics, not even once.
Buy once, cry once. I’ve had a couple of lesser priced rangefinders and the sum total is more than what was spent on the Leica
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

The Kahles Helia Mono lightweight rangefinder I revently evaluated had edge to edge clarity and didn't break the bank either.

This unit easily let me range out to 1600 yards repeatedly without difficulty

If I was shopping for a quality lightweight rangefinder today this would the one I would buy.

Austrian made Kahles is the oldest optic manufacturer in the world and owned by Swarovski for the last 45 years. With so many Swarovski engineers under the roof Kahles can't put out a poor optic the way I see it.

I believe the Kahles Helia line of optics may be manufactured by Kahles In Japan for those interested.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have one of the older Leica LRF 900. Bigger, boxy, pretty much a two handed deal, but spot on. They also won’t break the bank on eBay.😊
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

thanks, know I can always count on this forum for good advice
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

Leica 1600b here. Read it's used by pro golfers! Enough said. Lol. Seriously, simply AMAZING!
Al in Mi

Post by Al in Mi »

I have a couple of the Sig Kilo's, 850 and 1250, both work great, but the next one will be lighted. also have one of the older Leica box ones, it's amazing but as mentioned, its a two handed deal.