What's the value? (Exocett 200)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

groundpounder

What's the value? (Exocett 200)

Post by groundpounder »

Its' been a very long time since I've been on the forum. My fly fishing has taken over more than my hunting. I'm debating selling my Exocett 200 and I have no idea what it would be valued at and I know this would be the best place to ask. I do have a Mark Henegar custom laminated thumb hole stock on the xbow. I also have the STS dissipator bars and a groundpounder mount. Xbow is in very good shape.

I would post pictures but not sure how to do it in this format yet.
Why ride when you can walk!
Carnivorous

Re: What's the value? (Exocett 200)

Post by Carnivorous »

Top dollar I would say $300.00.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:32 am
The Henegar stock alone is worth more than that. In my opinion, the Exocet is priceless, I own one and will never sell it.

To answer the question of a fair price, since it's a classic. I would say at least $300 for the stock, and $400 for the rest. Unfortunately, the reality is that most folks are not willing to pay fair market value for the Exo-series bows.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

ComfyBear wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:45 am
Carnivorous wrote:
The Henegar stock alone is worth more than that. In my opinion, the Exocet is priceless, I own one and will never sell it.

To answer the question of a fair price, since it's a classic. I would say at least $300 for the stock, and $400 for the rest. Unfortunately, the reality is that most folks are not willing to pay fair market value for the Exo-series bows.
If you think someone will pay $700.00 for an old exocett I say good luck with that!

But in the end it's worth what someone is willing to pay... lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Do you still have the original stock? You'll probably get the most total by selling the stock seperately and then selling the bow with the original stock on it.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

If you think someone will pay $700.00 for an old exocett I say good luck with that!

But in the end it's worth what someone is willing to pay... lol
Jeff, I agree with you, I'm not saying that anyone is willing to pay $700, but that's what I personally believe that it is worth. In my opinion, a fair price for a stock Exocet 200 with scope and quiver is approx. $500. I also know that used, Henegar stocks have sold for between $275 to $325 Canadian, since I sold one myself.

That being said, my advice would be to try to sell the custom stock separately.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

wheelsquad wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:01 am
Do you still have the original stock? You'll probably get the most total by selling the stock seperately and then selling the bow with the original stock on it.
No I don't. I sold it to a forum member shortly after purchasing the Henegar stock.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

ComfyBear wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:45 am
Carnivorous wrote:

Thanks Comfy. Your values and mine are more in alignment. I think I remember paying $250 for the Henegar stock from another forum member way back when. Its a beautiful stock!
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Picture test (failed)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

You may come out with more $$ if you break it up. Sell stock separate etc. I think stock $250-$300. A complete Exocet in nice shape $400-$425 . My dos centavos
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:27 pm
You may come out with more $$ if you break it up. Sell stock separate etc. I think stock $250-$300. A complete Exocet in nice shape $400-$425 . My dos centavos
Yep, and I know this from experience, it's worth a lot more to you than the market will fetch. I would ask $650. and negotiate if you have to.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
TPM

Post by TPM »

Great to see you on here again, I still have one of your quiver mounts. :-) As for your bow, while I'm still a huge fan of the Exo series bows I do have to admit their value on the market has dropped considerably. Last time I was in The Bow Shop (about 2 years ago) all the old Exo bows in their used rack were all priced between $350 and $400. It's not uncommon to see them pop up for $300. We picked up a mint used Vixen about 3 years ago for $200. Hard to put a price on your bow with the Heneger stock. It's a very niche market for that kind of setup. Too bad you don't have the original stock, as others have mentioned selling the stock separately would probably be the best way to go.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:27 pm
Thanks but I sold the original stock to a forum member shortly after I bought the Henegar stock. So not an option.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

TPM wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:02 pm
Great to see you on here again, I still have one of your quiver mounts. :-) As for your bow, while I'm still a huge fan of the Exo series bows I do have to admit their value on the market has dropped considerably. Last time I was in The Bow Shop (about 2 years ago) all the old Exo bows in their used rack were all priced between $350 and $400. It's not uncommon to see them pop up for $300. We picked up a mint used Vixen about 3 years ago for $200. Hard to put a price on your bow with the Heneger stock. It's a very niche market for that kind of setup. Too bad you don't have the original stock, as others have mentioned selling the stock separately would probably be the best way to go.
Thanks TPM. Looked around here some and good to see so many familiar folks still posting.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

I'm sure most of the longtime members here that wanted a Henegar stock have one. And honestly not a lot of newcomers like me here.

But I have seen posts in all of the Excalibur Facebook groups where guys have a picture of an Excal with a nice laminate stock and lots of guys comment wondering how to get one. That stock would definitely sell there... But the downside... you have to be on Facebook 🤮

Then just part out the rail and front end separately and you'd come out OK.

Obviously that is all 2nd to getting top dollar for it as-is.

There was a thread here showing how to post images using https://postimages.org/, but I can't find the thread now. Super easy to do.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360