NJ bear season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Re: NJ bear season

Post by nchunterkw »

I read it as, you buy a license anytime in 2021 and it expires 12/31/21. Then you buy a license on 1/1/22 and it is good until 12/31/22. So you buy a license every Jan 1 and you are good for that whole year. What is odd is that it expires on the calendar year. Most places (OH and NC that I know of personally), the license is good for a full year, but the year is from like August 1 to July31 so it overlaps all hunting seasons.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
janesy

Post by janesy »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 am
I read it as, you buy a license anytime in 2021 and it expires 12/31/21. Then you buy a license on 1/1/22 and it is good until 12/31/22. So you buy a license every Jan 1 and you are good for that whole year. What is odd is that it expires on the calendar year. Most places (OH and NC that I know of personally), the license is good for a full year, but the year is from like August 1 to July31 so it overlaps all hunting seasons.
I believe that's correct. I think Anthony is saying it sucks to have to buy a new license part way through a deer season.

But it's also no different than a fishing license up here if you ice fish. And I've never really thought that to be a pain. Except if it expires on New year's Eve and you want to coyote hunt the next day. But either way it's all online now anyway, so it's really a mute point.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

janesy wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:38 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 am
I believe that's correct. I think Anthony is saying it sucks to have to buy a new license part way through a deer season.

But it's also no different than a fishing license up here if you ice fish. And I've never really thought that to be a pain. Except if it expires on New year's Eve and you want to coyote hunt the next day. But either way it's all online now anyway, so it's really a mute point.
....guys, you are missing my point.....why, in the Good Lord's name should hunting/fishing licenses NOT BE for an entire hunting/fishing season? the '21-'22 hunting/ fishing licenses in NYS become available for purchase in August. Buy once and you are set for the entire hunting season....soup to nuts!.....for those of you who know anything about The People's Republic of New Jersey this is just par for the course.....Hence my statement, "good ridden" to TPRofNJ Hunting Licenses/zones/permits/buck tags!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

janesy wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am
I read it like Anthony is suggesting. You buy one license for the calender year. But you have to buy the next year mid season in order to complete the season. No?

If one tag is good for 2021, but the season crosses into 2022, you'll have to buy a license mid season. He's not complaining about the cost, just the hassle of having to do it during mid season.
.....that's the point!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Here our licenses are good for 365 days from the day you purchase. If I buy on August 1, it's good until July 31 the next year. So my hunting season is covered. BUT it's a combo hunting/fishing license. So my Fishing is not covered for a whole season. Tomato.tomahto. I buy 1 license every year around the same time, and I'm good to go. I see it the same way in NJ. Except that they are gouging you a bit if you aren't on the ball and get your license in early January. Gotta know the laws and play the game. You wouldn't believe some of the crazy stuff NC has in the law book. State-wide laws with differences for each of the 6 hunting zones..., game lands laws specific to each game land, and then county specific laws on top of all that. And I hunt some places that cross over 2 zones and are in 3 counties!! It can be a real PITA let me tell you. Adapt and overcome baby!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
grouse

Post by grouse »

Since I'm over 65 and a Missouri resident, I don't need a license for fishing (except trout) or small game. When I had to buy a license it was good for the current calendar year. I don't remember being upset because I had to buy a new license to keep hunting until most of the upland seasons closed on Jan. 15. Our deer and turkey permits cover an entire season regardless of calendar year and I might be a little annoyed if I had to buy a second permit to finish an ongoing season. I think I'd get used to it without much whining. It would only seem unfair if I moved to another state, died or became unable to hunt before the beginning of he fall seasons.
axiom
350 SE
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

nchunterkw wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:07 pm
Here our licenses are good for 365 days from the day you purchase. If I buy on August 1, it's good until July 31 the next year. So my hunting season is covered. BUT it's a combo hunting/fishing license. So my Fishing is not covered for a whole season. Tomato.tomahto. I buy 1 license every year around the same time, and I'm good to go. I see it the same way in NJ. Except that they are gouging you a bit if you aren't on the ball and get your license in early January. Gotta know the laws and play the game. You wouldn't believe some of the crazy stuff NC has in the law book. State-wide laws with differences for each of the 6 hunting zones..., game lands laws specific to each game land, and then county specific laws on top of all that. And I hunt some places that cross over 2 zones and are in 3 counties!! It can be a real PITA let me tell you. Adapt and overcome baby!
…. Or buy hunting property in a neighboring state and enjoy the simplicity….btw NC is quite crazy too… I did adapt and overcome for over 25 years….and am now thrilled on getting one of The People’s Republic of NJ’s tentacles out of me!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
GGC

Post by GGC »

We've only been here about 400 years. Have a lot of land in the central part of NJ with more deer and turkey then we can handle. When did you say your leaving, soon?
Wait till your land becomes my land, as in all the guys who hunted your land before you came along.
Just something to think about, maybe you'll be lucky maybe not.
Until then, keep us posted about your disgust with the state of NJ, so I can breathe a sigh of relief when you're gone.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GGC wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:29 pm
We've only been here about 400 years. Have a lot of land in the central part of NJ with more deer and turkey then we can handle. When did you say your leaving, soon?
Wait till your land becomes my land, as in all the guys who hunted your land before you came along.
Until then, keep us posted about your disgust with the state of NJ, so I can breathe a sigh of relief when you're gone.
….. personally, I have no idea what you are trying to say or what point you are trying to make… but maybe it’s just me!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

GGC wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:29 pm
I get that you like NJ and Anthony is less of a fan but this forum is not about this kind of BS.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><