Excalibur Micro MAG 340 Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gametrail

Excalibur Micro MAG 340 Crossbow

Post by gametrail »

I was thinking about getting a micro mag 340 , but my friend has one and he is having trouble with serving coming loose is there a problem with this?
gerald strine

Re: Excalibur Micro MAG 340 Crossbow

Post by gerald strine »

Serving issues are a thing on all crossbows compound and recurve alike.
The advantage of a recurve cross bow is the ease you can change strings , reserve strings , and maintain the bow with out a pro shop or bow press.
Get the 340 you will love it , their are no issues with the 340 to be concerned about.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

If serving is coming loose he is either twisting his string the wrong way, or he got the string from a sub-par string maker.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Tyler is spot on!! It should NOT be coming loose!! Check how the string is being installed.
If the string is wearing too much in say the middle of the serving, check the latches for rough spots.
I have 3 friends that have the 340's. None have any complaints!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I have 5 strings plus the factory string for my Mag 340. Each has between 100-300 bolts fired. I change them based on color for the occasion or time of year. None have any serving issues. Something is wrong with your friends string. This is not a model issue.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

If you can convince your friend to try a custom flemish string he would be amazed at the difference it makes. Less noise and vibration make for more enjoyable shooting. There are some quality string makers around here and their servings wear like iron. In my opinion their product far surpasses what these bows come with. And their servings hold up well to wear and separation.
Take care
Hatchet
sportsman70003

Post by sportsman70003 »

Has he polished the string latch? It seems alot here lately need it done.
Suppressor 400 TD
Dragon Claw Arrows
Ravntek Broadheads
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

I haven't been on this forum in months and my prediction about coming back and people would still be having to polish latches is what i expected, I'm not a mechanical engineer but with today's technology this problem could be an easy fix in the factory, just my opinion, so let the hate begin
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Forkston wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:56 am
I haven't been on this forum in months and my prediction about coming back and people would still be having to polish latches is what i expected, I'm not a mechanical engineer but with today's technology this problem could be an easy fix in the factory, just my opinion, so let the hate begin
Welcome back Forkston. Are you getting ready for the season? Its fast approaching where I live. Two weeks to bear season and it's all downhill from there.
Take care
Hatchet
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Forkston wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:56 am
…. No hate to be had from, The People’s Republic of New Jersey…. You are absolutely correct… and while they are fixing the polishing issue, they should be providing a usable non cheese grating type of trigger unit itself… for the money dished out by Excalibur purchasers we should not have to be looking for polishing instructions and TT triggers…. Maybe I’ll be deflecting some of you’re haters with some of my own!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Coming loose or wearing out? A picture is worth a thousand words. Advice given is great, but other factors could be the root cause. Post a picture and about how many shots were fired, etc. the Mag 340 is a great model!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:48 pm
Coming loose or wearing out? A picture is worth a thousand words. Advice given is great, but other factors could be the root cause. Post a picture and about how many shots were fired, etc. the Mag 340 is a great model!
….agreed, the AXE/MAG 340 is perfect in every sense-cost, accuracy, balance and size…. Although I love all of my CB equipment , I might soon be looking to trim the Squadron down… and the 340’s will most likely make the cut!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:43 am
xcaliber wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:48 pm
….agreed, the AXE/MAG 340 is perfect in every sense-cost, accuracy, balance and size…. Although I love all of my CB equipment , I might soon be looking to downsize the Squadron….. and the 340’s will most likely make the cut!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings