It's about time...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

It's about time...

Post by AJ01 »

As the next 30 days or so tick by ever so slowly, this is what makes the wait worthwhile...
Around where I live we can take 2 Does and 2 Bucks.
October 2nd is opening morning!! :thumbup:

" Freezer Queen"... Party of Four!! Your freezer is ready!!! :lol:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Re: It's about time...

Post by xcaliber »

We are emptying the freezer over the next week or so. Good Luck AJ! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Things are looking good AJ.
I hope the tusky boys stay away too.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

…..Andy, praying for a freezer full for you and the family.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:16 pm
Things are looking good AJ.
I hope the tusky boys stay away too.
Joe...
This is a place is about 40 miles from where I have all the hogs. I've never, (knock on wood) seen a hog on this place. Won't say they won't show up tomorrow, but not so far... :think:
There is no "real" water source on this place. I put in a few water troughs probably 5-6 years back. I drive in and fill them from a 400 gallon tote on a trailer. This place has a small seasonal creek that runs during the spring/fall time, but dries up during the summer. When I added water, I stopped "losing" deer during the summer. :eusa-doh:
I had some timber cut, improved bedding areas and planted food plots. I had this place several years before ever shooting the 1st deer off it. This place is only about 38 acres, but now it holds deer year round. :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Thank you Dan and Anthony!! :thumbup:
My bunch prays that y'alls bunch has the same success!! :angel:

I fully understand that my bunch is BLESSED!! I usually end up killing 4 whitetails every year. Not too mention a few eating sized hogs. Then I manage to go hunt a few exotics. I either process the meat myself, or have some done depending on my schedule. I have a buddy that makes the best summer sausage you've ever eaten. (I get him to make mine :D ).
The pastor of our church and I just donated a large upright freezer to the local food bank. Then we tried to fill it!! :lol:
Every time I turn around my family is being blessed. My wife has been cancer free now for well over a year. My last grandchild (#7) was born in May. I'm 63 in good health and just started a new construction business which has taken off like mad. :shock:
I am truly amazed everyday!!

GOD is GOOD!! ALL the TIME!! :angel: :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:22 am

I fully understand that my bunch is BLESSED!! I usually end up killing 4 whitetails every year. Not too mention a few eating sized hogs. Then I manage to go hunt a few exotics. I either process the meat myself, or have some done depending on my schedule. I have a buddy that makes the best summer sausage you've ever eaten. (I get him to make mine :D ).
The pastor of our church and I just donated a large upright freezer to the local food bank. Then we tried to fill it!! :lol:
Every time I turn around my family is being blessed. My wife has been cancer free now for well over a year. My last grandchild (#7) was born in May. I'm 63 in good health and just started a new construction business which has taken off like mad. :shock:

.....not in a bad position to have the "main Man" in your court, is it? :eusa-pray:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:27 am
AJ01 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:22 am

.....not in a bad position to have the "main Man" in your court, is it? :eusa-pray:
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! :thumbup:
Wouldn't have it any other way!!!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:44 pm
We are emptying the freezer over the next week or so. Good Luck AJ! :thumbup:
Thanks for the reminder. Defrosting as we speak. The three packs we have left will fit elsewhere for a bit. We metered ours fairly well this season. I like to enter each season with an entirely empty freezer. It adds a little incentive.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Where I live we're only allowed 1 deer per season. We have a lottery draw for antlerless deer. We'll find out soon who got drawn. Our season starts October 1st. We are very excited as usual. We have been seeing deer and turkeys quite often.
Like you guys we don't have to look far to see how blessed we are.
I raised a large flock of meat birds this summer and my freezer is quite full. But we can always find room for some deer meat. Also had a very productive vegetable garden and we have been canning like crazy! Blessings abound!
Hope everyone has a great season and look forward to hearing your stories.
Take care
Hatchet
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Only 18 days till opening morning here in Wisconsin!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

Looks like the Ted Nugent school of hunting
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Forkston wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:50 am
Looks like the Ted Nugent school of hunting
Ted use to be my neighbor. He bought a ranch across the river from me, (North Bosque River) in Bosque County, Texas. Between the sleepy little towns of Valley Mills and Crawford. We both were in a stones throw to "Washington on the Brazos", (as we use to call it), the ranch President George W. owns.
Small world, ain't it???
grouse

Post by grouse »

Our season opens 9/15 which is a week from this coming Wednesday. We ate the last of this past season's backstrap fillets last week but we still have a few pounds of ground venison. We have had a tremendous tomato crop this year and I have been slicing and freezing the ones we don't eat or give away. We also had a huge wild blackberry crop at the farm this year and our freezers both at the farm and at home have multiple bags of frozen blackberries. Our freezers have a lot in them but we have two refrigerator/freezers and a stand alone freezer at home and a refrigerator freezer at he farm. If I get a deer early (I've killed quite a few September deer) I'll find room to put it somewhere.
axiom
350 SE
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

grouse wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:39 pm
Our season opens 9/15 which is a week from this coming Wednesday. We ate the last of this past season's backstrap fillets last week but we still have a few pounds of ground venison. We have had a tremendous tomato crop this year and I have been slicing and freezing the ones we don't eat or give away. We also had a huge wild blackberry crop at the farm this year and our freezers both at the farm and at home have multiple bags of frozen blackberries. Our freezers have a lot in them but we have two refrigerator/freezers and a stand alone freezer at home and a refrigerator freezer at he farm. If I get a deer early (I've killed quite a few September deer) I'll find room to put it somewhere.
Grouse...
It sounds like you guys had a great year!! Nothing better to this old country boy than home-made Blackberry Cobbler!!! :thumbup:
I wish you GREAT success in the up coming hunting season! May your freezer always be full! :angel:

AJ