Kevlar

Post by LRMNUT »

where do you get kevlar serving?
thanks
GRZ2
Hatchet

Re: Kevlar

Post by Hatchet »

South Shore Archery. I think it's listed under Platinum serving material or something like that.
Take care
Hatchet
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

You have to wax it every 15 shots and that picks up dirt and gets in your trigger.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Excalibur tested Kevlar and found it to be no where as good as Angel Majesty. I do not think they waxed the serving because they tend to test in the worst case scenario and conditioning the string, let alone the serving is a pretty low priority for most owners. There has been spotty successes though.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I tried kevlar serving and didn't think it was as good as AM. I'm getting better at serving and I think AM is easier to apply and longer lasting. I must say since switching to Excalibur I don't worry much about string life and serving wear. I have a bunch of strings and just switch em out when I see wear and reserve when I have time. When I shot a compound crossbow I didn't shoot as much as I would like because of the hassle and expense of string and cable maintenance. A lot to be said for simplicity that's for sure.
Take care
Hatchet