Dr string stop question.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

Dr string stop question.

Post by gerald strine »

I bought a Mag340 with The Dr string stops all ready installed and I think my post are to long. With the string just touching the stops I have a bit over a 2 1/2 inch brace height.
Bow shoots fine but this sesames long to me, I believe 2 inches is the recommended brace length for a micro.
Any thoughts on this ?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Re: Dr string stop question.

Post by xcaliber »

Those bumpers are designed for the string to push on them when relaxed. The instructions say to set your brace height off the factory stops, then install the taller dR.bumpers. Before I shoot mine I set brace barely touching those with the string, and after shooting I leave it there the rest of the season. I wouldn't worry about it being high a bit.The difference between top and bottom brace height lines on my bow are 3/4" apart.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:39 pm
Those bumpers are designed for the string to push on them when relaxed. The instructions say to set your brace height off the factory stops, then install the taller dR.bumpers. Before I shoot mine I set brace barely touching those with the string, and after shooting I leave it there the rest of the season. I wouldn't worry about it being high a bit.The difference between top and bottom brace height lines on my bow are 3/4" apart.
Ok thank you I was just not familiar with Dr Bumppers and their set up I learned something today this is my set of them.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

….. Gerald …. Would you think I would have steered you wrong with the way I installed the DrStirrup bumpers on there?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

gerald strine wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:39 pm
Ok thank you I was just not familiar with Dr Bumppers and their set up I learned something today this is my first set of them.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:27 pm
….. Gerald …. Would you think I would have steered you wrong with the way I installed the DrStirrup bumpers on there?
No I just needed an education so had to ask a question.
I am very pleased with the bow it is great.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

gerald strine wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:14 am
amythntr wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:27 pm
No I just needed an education so had to ask a question.
I am very pleased with the bow it is great.
…..I’m busting your chops Gerald! :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings