What do you think Excalibur will do for 2022?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L.C.B.H

What do you think Excalibur will do for 2022?

Post by L.C.B.H »

I have dabbled off and on for 20 years with crossbows, I am a compound bow hunter for almost 30 years but the last few years I have grown "bored" with shooting and hunting with a compound bow, I spent the last 12 or so years buying,tinkering,tuning and building thousands of arrows of all spines,weights, foc etc.

I learned from my Dad who has been bow hunting since I was a toddler(41 years old) and a few years back (2017) he had a mild heart attack to go along with some other health issues, so he started messing with crossbows more and more, and has since switched to them I would say 75% of the time bow hunting. I started tinkering with them myself and I have found myself drawn to them more and more the last 2 years.

I used to find them boring and really did not enjoy shooting them as I was always so occupied with shooting my compounds. I was never and will never be an elitist, as I worked and interacted with thousands of customers over the last 15 years. I have however found a new enjoyment in archery, and hunting.

I will admit I went through a phase where I needed to kill with a compound, I look back now and realize how much fun I sucked out of my hunting seasons, and on this I want to add a 3rd crossbow and I am ready to go and buy a 3rd micro mag in realtree xscape but I am trying to hold off until I see what is in store for 2022.......tomorrow is the day that our season starts. Good luck to all!!!
Libtards make me sick, and I don't take orders from a forum rat who needs to go to a safe place. Get used to Conservative Right wing hard working Canadians telling you liberals to F off!!!!! :wave:
grouse

Re: What do you think Excalibur will do for 2022?

Post by grouse »

I have never shot a micro-mag 340 but I'm sure it is an excellent crossbow. All Excaliburs seem to be Accurate and reliable hunting machines. My question would be "why would you want 3 of the same model crossbow?". I understand the need to have more than one crossbow (I have two) and how we can get carried away buying hunting weapons (I have seven shotguns). But, of my seven shotguns, none are the same model.

Your question probably answers my question, that's why you wonder what Excalibur will offer next.
axiom
350 SE
L.C.B.H

Post by L.C.B.H »

I like them as too me they are the best excalibur built for hunting, but Id take a 308 short banshee or something similar. I have close to 40 different turkey shotguns but not 2 of the same.

I have been looking for a 308 banshee but can't locate one and I have owned half a dz crossbows with cams, and may try a pse coalition frontier as well as I had a few fangs and killed fine with them. I personally will not spend more than 1 g on a hunting crossbow as I just done care about having the fastest, or greatest thing on paper.I just like something small and comfy to kill out to 50 yards with.
Libtards make me sick, and I don't take orders from a forum rat who needs to go to a safe place. Get used to Conservative Right wing hard working Canadians telling you liberals to F off!!!!! :wave:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I've already said it.....I anticipate the Excalibur Octastrike, to be known as "The Herd Buster".....able to shoot 8 arrows either at once, (in the same direction, or adjust angles to shoot in a circle OR one at a time.....preorder price of $9999.99 which will include a personalized wheelbarrow to carry the 30lb CB in the woods... :eusa-liar: :eusa-liar: :eusa-liar:

......all kidding aside, i am glad that I have reached a point in my life where I no longer have a need for anything new when it comes to Excalibur....I find that my times in the field are kind of limited and with the squadron that I own and the ability to make arra's I am more than content! :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

grouse wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:45 am
I have never shot a micro-mag 340 but I'm sure it is an excellent crossbow. All Excaliburs seem to be Accurate and reliable hunting machines. My question would be "why would you want 3 of the same model crossbow?". I understand the need to have more than one crossbow (I have two) and how we can get carried away buying hunting weapons (I have seven shotguns). But, of my seven shotguns, none are the same model.

Your question probably answers my question, that's why you wonder what Excalibur will offer next.
It's nice to have backup bow (or two) set up the same as your primary. This allows you to pick up your backup and not have to familiarize yourself with a different scope reticle or any different characteristics such as weight or width.
Take care
Hatchet
L.C.B.H

Post by L.C.B.H »

I think I may go ahead and pick up a Ten point wicked ridge blackhawk 360 to set up and use in 10 days or so.I would rather buy an American or Canadian built crossbow than a chinese one, I have owned 3-4 centerpoints and they have been great but I had a wicked ridge and I was happy using it as well.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Be careful, you’ll shoot your eye out! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Whatever Excalibur comes out with in 2022, the first ones will have limb problems, and they’ll probably come out with another “solution” to a problem that doesn’t exist.
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Full auto Assassin 420 with a 30 bolt magazine.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I'd like to see assassin/suppressor 380td
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I would like to see them make the lightest 340 possible, with the smallest frame, and limb span possible.
Normous

Post by Normous »

X2 Dan, light is good and welcome. :thumbup:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

A true ultralight 330 fps model they can call it the "fell upon deaf ears model " or "half strike"
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:45 pm
A true ultralight 330 fps model they can call it the "fell upon deaf ears model " or "half strike"
I like full count better than half strike! :lol: :lol:
L.C.B.H

Post by L.C.B.H »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:55 pm
I would like to see them make the lightest 340 possible, with the smallest frame, and limb span possible.
So would I, I decided to hold out and see what they bring out for 2022. I just bought another dz zombie slayers,cut them down and refletched them today and some more broadheads to scratch the itch.