Opening day success X 2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: Opening day success X 2

Post by AJ01 »

Awesome hunt! Congrats to you and your daughter! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Congrats!! :thumbup:

Great story and pix!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

gerald strine wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:14 pm
What bow , arrow did you shoot your buck with sounds like it preformed very well?
I took my Matrix 350 for the afternoon hunt and was using a BE Zombie Slayer w/brass insert. It drove through a lot of bone. I ended up cutting a slit in the hide on the far side to pull out the broadhead before we moved it because we were scared it would poke through and cut us during transport.

I'm sold on the Truglo Titanium-X 4-blade. I started using it due to its ability to stay closed on launch out of my 400TD without the need for bands or springs to keep it closed. It has proven to perform great at any speed with no loss of penetration since its a rear deploy design. The entrance holes have been super.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

DuckHunt wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:40 pm
gerald strine wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:14 pm
What bow , arrow did you shoot your buck with sounds like it preformed very well?
I took my Matrix 350 for the afternoon hunt and was using a BE Zombie Slayer w/brass insert. It drove through a lot of bone. I ended up cutting a slit in the hide on the far side to pull out the broadhead before we moved it because we were scared it would poke through and cut us during transport.

I'm sold on the Truglo Titanium-X 4-blade. I started using it due to its ability to stay closed on launch out of my 400TD without the need for bands or springs to keep it closed. It has proven to perform great at any speed with no loss of penetration since its a rear deploy design. The entrance holes have been super.
I thought that was a 350 it has the full camo rail , great bow I love mine.
Thank you for the info.
Don't forget to replace your daughters arrow and broad head or maybe was she loaning you your own equipment.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
frisky

Post by frisky »

Big CONGRATS on the deer. Not to often do you get a double. Congrats to the both of you!!! :thumbup:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Boo

Post by Boo »

Congratulations to the 2 of you desperados! Ya did good!👍
Some people just like stepping on rakes
zorba1

Post by zorba1 »

A day like that with father & daughter in the deer bush has to go down as a perfect memory for both of you. Congradulations on a job well done.