HOW MANY OF US CAN GIVE THE DALAI LAMA AN "AMEN" FOR THIS STATEMENT?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

HOW MANY OF US CAN GIVE THE DALAI LAMA AN "AMEN" FOR THIS STATEMENT?

Post by amythntr »

.....as we have recently experienced members getting hurt, having potential life threatening medical issues and I am sure unmentioned hardships in their lives I thought it was apropos to post this:

.....When asked what surprised him most about humanity, the Dalai Lama answered:

" Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recoup his health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
The result being that he does not live in the present or in the future;
he lives as if he is never going to die,
and then he dies having never really lived."

.....I am the first to admit, that I am raising my hand as being guilty of this!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Re: HOW MANY OF US CAN GIVE THE DALAI LAMA AN "AMEN" FOR THIS STATEMENT?

Post by xcaliber »

Me too Anthony.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:27 pm
.....as we have recently experienced members getting hurt, having potential life threatening medical issues and I am sure unmentioned hardships in their lives I thought it was apropos to post this:

.....When asked what surprised him most about humanity, the Dalai Lama answered:

" Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recoup his health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
The result being that he does not live in the present or in the future;
he lives as if he is never going to die,
and then he dies having never really lived."

.....I am the first to admit, that I am raising my hand as being guilty of this!
Yep, I risked and sacrificed both my life and family life to start and get a business successful. I paid up front and my plan was a payback at the end. I could have stayed longer and made more money but I looked at the risk/benefits and made a choice as you should too Anthony. The Dalai Lama's words are wise but not mean to be lived by especially by all, they are merely a reference point to consider and meant for enlightenment, he knows the choice is yours.
Whatever it is, your post is an excellent one!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

I,m not raising my hand, I am perfect !!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dave :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Pretty much hit me spot on!! :wink:

It took me a long time to figure out that the world WILL go on without you!! :lol: :lol:

Live every day like it's your last!! :thumbup:
Last edited by AJ01 on Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Ya well the “dollylamma” (as Bill Murray said in “caddy shack”) can go suck a curried egg…coming from an old man who sits on his duff all day, in a diaper, no less, his words of “wisdom” mean SQUAT to me. 🤣
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Does this actually mean that buying a lot of crossbows and fishing stuff is bad ....l mean he never specifically points these specific items out .
CONFUSIS JOE SAY MAN NEVER LIVED TILL HE KILL BIG BUCK WITH STICK N STRING AND GRAB BY HORNS
THAT MAKE HIM FEEL LIKE HE LIVED COMPLETELY.
AND GRABBING A BIG BASS BY THE LIP CAUGHT WITH SUPER EXPENSIVE FISHING ROD BETTER THAN SEX!
BEING away from wife for the day is also priceless!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:20 pm
Does this actually mean that buying a lot of crossbows and fishing stuff is bad ....l mean he never specifically points these specific items out .
CONFUSIS JOE SAY MAN NEVER LIVED TILL HE KILL BIG BUCK WITH STICK N STRING AND GRAB BY HORNS
THAT MAKE HIM FEEL LIKE HE LIVED COMPLETELY.
AND GRABBING A BIG BASS BY THE LIP CAUGHT WITH SUPER EXPENSIVE FISHING ROD BETTER THAN SEX!
BEING away from wife for the day is also priceless!
😂🤣😂
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

The Dalai Lama is simply paraphrasing Ecclesiastes from the Bible. IN that book Solomon points out that we can only really count on 1 thing in life.....and that is that one day we are all going to die. Therefore, we should live our lives with that fact in mind. To ignore that fact is not wise. To live in light of it, thinking about it and pondering why you are here in the first place...is wise.

You see this all through society - only some of the statements miss the mark IMO

"YOLO" - You Only Live Once
"You can't take it with you"
"He who dies with the most toys...still dies"

Since I bought my motorcycle I hear the same thing a lot from guys. "I would love to buy a bike...but my wife won't let me". How sad. These guys will never truly live. SO I say, think about it, get right with your Creator and GO! LIVE LIFE! Hang out with friends...have people over to share your venison...and GOOD WINE (or Scotch :D ) ...visit places....buy a motorcycle if you want to. Take that hunting trip.....no body lies on their death bed and says they wished they worked more.

Great post Anthony
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

nchunterkw wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:20 am
The Dalai Lama is simply paraphrasing Ecclesiastes from the Bible. IN that book Solomon points out that we can only really count on 1 thing in life.....and that is that one day we are all going to die. Therefore, we should live our lives with that fact in mind. To ignore that fact is not wise. To live in light of it, thinking about it and pondering why you are here in the first place...is wise.

You see this all through society - only some of the statements miss the mark IMO

Since I bought my motorcycle I hear the same thing a lot from guys. "I would love to buy a bike...but my wife won't let me". How sad. These guys will never truly live. SO I say, think about it, get right with your Creator and GO! LIVE LIFE! Hang out with friends...have people over to share your venison...and GOOD WINE (or Scotch :D ) ...visit places....buy a motorcycle if you want to. Take that hunting trip.....no body lies on their death bed and says they wished they worked more.

Great post Anthony
Right! Been there, done it all…bikes, beer, broads, boats, bullets, bolts,😂 wives, kids, grandkids, zero regrets looking back on it all. Put in an honest 60+ years of work and play and at 72, I’m relaxing and doing wtf I want to. Where we “go” when we die, no one will ever know…not even the dollylamma! 😁
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

As l age and see my aches and pains come and my mojo slipping l feel less guilt for buying things.
As long as the bills are paid and kids and family is ok what are we saving for ....my poor dad died at 58 l hope l last longer
My mentor down the road is 92.....he was an avid outdoorsman this is in his teachings to go out whenever l can.
I could be making money at this moment but I'm sitting in my stand and loving every moment of it.
I feel sorry for dan because l have been down at hunting season it sucks.
Next year is far away in a hunters head.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

MANY ARE THE PLANS IN A MAN'S HEART,BUT IT IS THE LORD'S PURPOSE THAT PREVAILS-PROVERBS 19:21
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

nchunterkw wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:20 am

Great post Anthony

I guess I was TRYING TO BE SMITTENT !
but what you say hits home :eusa-clap:
good post Kieth :thumbup:

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings