ozone generators

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

ozone generators

Post by Farmer »

Looking to buying an ozone generator.. Would use it to deodorize my hunting clothes and equipment as well as in my RV and boat. Wondering what brands to look at and what size I should be looking to Get. Anyone here have experience with these contraptions. Any Information or experience with these units would be appreciated !
Boo

Re: ozone generators

Post by Boo »

I bought this one. It takes the smell out of the air fairly quickly
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/110458/hme-scent-slammer-throw-n-go-scent-eliminator
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I have a Scent Crusher Ozone bag that I put my hunting clothes into between hunts, and an Ozonics unit for in the ground blind. I also spray down when I leave the vehicle heading to the blind.
Haven't been out much or seen much deer activity to be able to give any real-life reviews on them but I am a believer in the idea.
roly

Post by roly »

My hunting partner using the ozone bag and a unit in his tree stand.

I understand it eliminates human odour, but when he puts his hunting clothing on I can smell the ozone. I think the deer would be able to associate the smell rather quickly, our hunting area is small and it’s all we have. He has said when he does see deer they appear to be nervous.

I think it would work better on public land or bigger hunting property where you can try different spots.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I use one of the plug-in DDW Ozone2Go's in my truck. Seems to work okay. My actual hunting clothes and gear get stored in 2 large Cedar Chest when I'm not using them. I run the truck, without me in it for about 20-30 minutes. Then I open the doors and air it out.

The Ozone2Go is just to get the smell of fuel and food out of the truck. Remember...ozone is bad for plastics and rubber.

It is ALSO bad for you!!! Do NOT use an ozone generator in a confined area that you are going to be in, it can cause lung damage. :thumbdown:
If you have asthma, stay away from these items.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!