Limb failures

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Re: Limb failures

Post by Hi5 »

I don’t know what happened at Excalibur, but the various issues I’ve had were dealt with generously and promptly.

Still, I don’t rely on my vehicle tire warranty to save me if I get a flat. I have a spare tire, and I don’t leave it at home. Lots of folks here buy a set of spare limbs and strings, which is a good idea. If you have a warranty claim during the busiest time of the year, even though the company may have excellent service, you may get disappointed.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Well 3 weeks for replacement limbs is now going on 6. Missed all of the rut here in NJ. I know everyone says Excal has a great warranty, etc. but what good is it when waiting for limbs numerous times.
I'm not sure everybody fully appreciates the supply issues we have been facing this year. We have been suffering with a world wide resin shortage which has negatively effected our capacity to manufacture limbs for both new crossbows and warranty. We can typically react quickly if somebody has a limb issue but this year has been a challenge to put it mildly.

We hate limb failures and would like to see zero of them but that is not the reality with fiberglass limbs. Our engineering department spends most of their time continuing to learn better ways to manufacture limbs even though our overall failure rate is low. We understand how frustrating it is to suffer a limb failure during the hunting season and waiting extended periods of time for replacements only throws more salt in the wound. We totally get it. We do pride ourselves on our customer service and truly do care about our customers and understand their frustrations. We only ask that our customers understand we are doing our best to help them and some things like delays due to supplier issues are beyond our control.

Peter
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Peter, I know what it's like missing the entire season, Thanks for doing it for us crybabies! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Just use the same process that was used to make my Exomax limbs. Bullett Proof!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:03 pm
Just use the same process that was used to make my Exomax limbs. Bullett Proof!!
Bill
I'm no fiberglass expert, but I'm pretty sure they were "bulletproof" because they were storing less energy with more mass and also stressed less. No way the process used then would be able to handle the modern loads and form factor.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:18 am
Well 3 weeks for replacement limbs is now going on 6. Missed all of the rut here in NJ. I know everyone says Excal has a great warranty, etc. but what good is it when waiting for limbs numerous times.
I'm not sure everybody fully appreciates the supply issues we have been facing this year. We have been suffering with a world wide resin shortage which has negatively effected our capacity to manufacture limbs for both new crossbows and warranty. We can typically react quickly if somebody has a limb issue but this year has been a challenge to put it mildly.

We hate limb failures and would like to see zero of them but that is not the reality with fiberglass limbs. Our engineering department spends most of their time continuing to learn better ways to manufacture limbs even though our overall failure rate is low. We understand how frustrating it is to suffer a limb failure during the hunting season and waiting extended periods of time for replacements only throws more salt in the wound. We totally get it. We do pride ourselves on our customer service and truly do care about our customers and understand their frustrations. We only ask that our customers understand we are doing our best to help them and some things like delays due to supplier issues are beyond our control.

Peter
Thanks for the update Peter.

So is 2022 the year we get to see a Micro 375 with HO Express limbs, 4" bullpup, adjustable LOP, and bridged scope rail? Kryptek Banshee or Raid being available again would be a nice plus too. I've got the week after Christmas off could do some CAD work for you ;)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelsquad wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 pm

Peter

So is 2022 the year we get to see a Micro 375 with HO Express limbs, 4" bullpup, adjustable LOP, and bridged scope rail? Kryptek Banshee or Raid being available again would be a nice plus too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Wake-up Tyler, you’re dreaming! You’re making way too much sense!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Boo wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:40 pm
wheelsquad wrote:

Peter

So is 2022 the year we get to see a Micro 375 with HO Express limbs, 4" bullpup, adjustable LOP, and bridged scope rail? Kryptek Banshee or Raid being available again would be a nice plus too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Wake-up Tyler, you’re dreaming! You’re making way too much sense!
Dreams that make sense are just goals, right?

I've been scheming up ways that I can do the extra bullpupping myself, and then put an AR type butt stock on the back. Bridging the scope rail to the front would be pretty easy.

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelsquad wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:20 pm
Boo wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:40 pm
wheelsquad wrote:

Dreams that make sense are just goals, right?

I've been scheming up ways that I can do the extra bullpupping myself, and then put an AR type butt stock on the back. Bridging the scope rail to the front would be pretty easy.
The scope base is pretty good especially compared to most crossbows but an extended bridge type would accommodate more variations in longer scopes and attachments. If I ever get bored, I'm going to reinforce the mainframe where the trigger sits down onto so that a dryfire doesn't put the POI out.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

We do use the exact same limb manufacturing process as the Exomax limbs even the same machines, but our procedures and testing are much more sophisticated. Even the beloved old Exomax would have the odd limb failure so no limb on the planet is bulletproof.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:14 am
We do use the exact same limb manufacturing process as the Exomax limbs even the same machines, but our procedures and testing are much more sophisticated. Even the beloved old Exomax would have the odd limb failure so no limb on the planet is bulletproof.
Limb making has evolved through a ton of hard work and tears. With the advent of the new HO limbs, I believe they are the best in the industry. The HO limbs will be the new “bullet proof”.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:14 am
You guys did a great job with the Exomax. Nice to hunt with no worries about my crossbow!!

I have 3 brothers and we all own and hunt with Excalibur crossbows for a reason.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35