No more micro

Post by Westhoyt »

Wanting a new crossbow , tired of string eating micro with broken limb now
What should i get or has Excalibur fixed the issues Thanks
Toyotun04

Re: No more micro

Post by Toyotun04 »

What bow is it you have?
Excalibur micro suppresser 400td, 16.5 inch zombie slayers, slik trik 150 gr. crossbow broadheads
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

:eusa-deadhorse:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Look around for a Matrix 355-380
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Buy the excalibur Bulldog 330 over at archerytalk classifeds. One great bow.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Riflemanz wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:15 am
Buy the excalibur Bulldog 330 over at archerytalk classifeds. One great bow.
https://www.archerytalk.com/threads/excalibur-matrix-bulldog-330-package.6052820/#post-1114153502
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have an excalibur sapphire that l purchased 2 years ago l believe l purchased it for 475.00 brand new.
It's built on the matrix platform and still 305 fps.
Just a tad slower than the micro and literally just as compact as a micro the kids stock with a stock extender is actually shorter than a micro and the width is a few inches more.
No more eaten strings ,or limb worries when l feel the need for a compact bow.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Perhaps it's just me.... BUT I've NEVER had an isue with my Micro 'eating strings". I bought my 1st Micro Suppressor when they hit the market in 2017. The first year I had the bow, I killed 4 deer, 3 hogs and a really nice Axis buck with it. :thumbup:

In 2019 or 2020, I can't remember :eusa-doh:, Boo made a REALLY nice custom string for me. It STILL looks new today!! I shoot this bow a lot!! It has become without a doubt, my favorite bow!! :D
It travels. It gets thrown in the back of my truck and bounced down some "not too good" roads!! :lol: Tough as nails!!

Limb issues. Yes I had one, years ago. Was gonna use a C2 Crank in a tree stand to "cock" the Micro. As I was cranking the bow to full cock, one of the hooks on the C2 Crank broke. (I posted pics on here about it). Scared the scat out of me!!! :shock: I thought the world had exploded. This caused the bow to have a "dry-fire" as it had NOT reached the ADF. This caused a subsequent limb failure later.

Excalibur (Thanks Dawn!!) quickly responded and the issue was taken care of in the blink of an eye!!
Needless to say, I don't use a C2 Crank to cock my Micro bows!!
I learned by simply decreasing the lenght of the rope cocker to the point where one must pull up several inches on the bow's string in order to latch the rope cocker, made cocking the stout limbs of the Micro's much easier on you the guy (or girl) pulling on the cocking rope!! :thumbup:

I admit it, I did obtain another set of next gen limbs for the Micro's. It's a Boy Scout thing, I guess!! :lol: But being OCD, I carry and extra set of everything!! :mrgreen:

You might have guessed by now I like the Micro bows. You'd be right. I now have 3 Micro 355's. The latest I found was in Strata. I like that look!! :eusa-dance: My wife says if a buy another, I'll be sleeping with it!! :roll: :eusa-naughty: :wink: :lol:

I have also talked 5 of my buddies into buying Micro platform Excaliburs. 4 Axe/Mage 340's and one 360TD. No one has any complaints. And we ALL hunt and shoot A BUNCH!!! :lol:

Everyone has his or her own personal preferences, but I find the Micro's a good blend of power/speed/accuracy and maneuverability!! Regardless if you are in a box blind, pop-up blind, or hanging out in a tree stand 20 feet off the ground, to me, the Micro's are just tough to beat!!

But then again, these are just the rambling observations of a crusty OLD Redneck from the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :mrgreen:
Y'all be careful out there!!! :angel:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

The Bulldog 330 is one of the best IMO! Easy to cock and not a serving eater.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have had three Micro models with zero issues. All got the Trigger Tech installed and I used heavy Flemish strings and arrows over 400 grains. I think the 355 Micro is as fast as I would get, the Kid loves that crossbow!
Send that trigger to Excalibur for repairs or replacement.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have a custom KRUG Micro 335 featuring a 1.1" longer machined mainframe mainframe that has about 1200 shots on the original limbs and shoot a 420 gr arrow .
No issues to date and would not hesitate to own another Micro platform.
I might add that I run a good custom maintained Boo string and servings LAST!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Westhoyt

Post by Westhoyt »

I new this would happen
Obviously I have a lemon, i am sure many have moved on from the Micro issues, and have other bows now.
Excalibur wont fix nothing if we all pump them up and denythe truths.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Sell the micro and buy that bulldog 330!!!!!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

The first thing to do is call Excal and get your limb issue fixed they will stand behind their warranty.
As far a micro being a so call string eater you may benefit from a latch polishing job.
The nice thing about the recurve x bow is string issues really are no big deal just take it off and reserve it or replace it at home in minuets no pro shop needed.
If you really still want another bow or a back up bow get a used Matrix series, I would recommend the 355 Matrix for long string life and no limb worries.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Westhoyt wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:41 pm
I new this would happen
Obviously I have a lemon, i am sure many have moved on from the Micro issues, and have other bows now.
Excalibur wont fix nothing if we all pump them up and denythe truths.
Which model do you want to sell?
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!