Looking for a new place to hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Looking for a new place to hunt

Post by xcaliber »

Just got the word that we are not welcome to hunt our spot any more. Someone drove through the corn fields and we got blamed for it. It was good while it lasted, and I have no regrets. I called the owners grandson and we’re all good, but the grandparents rule the land. Anyway this really put the end of my horrible season to a bad place!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Re: Looking for a new place to hunt

Post by Bcxbow »

That blows!!! Sorry to hear that Dan
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Gift cards to the local restaurant for the grandparents to use, might help a tad. Especially if grandson backs up your not causing crop damage.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

elkaholic wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:54 pm
Gift cards to the local restaurant for the grandparents to use, might help a tad. Especially if grandson backs up your not causing crop damage.
We give them very nice Christmas gifts every year. They don't live in the area unfortunately, but we are trying to purchase a piece of the land. :eusa-popcorn:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:47 pm
Just got the word that we are not welcome to hunt our spot any more. Someone drove through the corn fields and we got blamed for it. It was good while it lasted, and I have no regrets. I called the owners grandson and we’re all good, but the grandparents rule the land. Anyway this really put the end of my horrible season to a bad place!
Dan... we had a problem one time of someone leaving the gates unlocked and actually taking the lock off and throwing it away. Rancher chewed our tails over it!! :wtf: We just all stood there like a bunch of grade school kids with our hand thrust elbow deep in our pockets looking at the ground, and never said anything except "it wasn't us"!! :eusa-snooty:
Come to find out, it was the buddies of his "favorite" grandson who were taking the locks so they could come and go as they pleased without anyone knowing...so they thought. Cameras don't lie!! :oops:

Even after we showed the Old Fart the pics, he never did apoligize to us!! :lol: :lol: Needless to say, that was the last year we hunted that ranch!!

Wish ya was closer to Texas!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

I have trail cams on all my spots I hunt so I’d like to think that would help catch the culprit if that happened to me…
I’d like to think smart landowners realize having hunters on their properties are a BENEFIT- an extra set of eyes looking out for the landowner as if the property where their own…foolish of these thugs to kick you off the property…
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The Kid is going out there Saturday to retrieve two stands and four trail cameras. Even though we are pretty sure who the culprit is, I don’t think it’s going to change anything. The neighbors son in law hunts their 16 acres and has not killed a big buck in like 12 years of hunting there. He knows that we have taken five nice bucks off this place and he can’t hunt it if he doesn’t know if we’re coming out or not. We saw him on a trail camera in August looking around there.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

A buddy of mine had a good spot then after it sold the new owners threw him off. They were nasty about it to for some reason. He had hunted there for years. Found a new place and was doing well until the old man died. He had always pitched in come haying time and even fed he cows for this older couple. Their darn kids were no where to be found when there as work to do. After the old man died they told him to pack up and never come back!! Typical of a lot of today’s entitled generation.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Sorry to hear this news,Dan. I have been there.
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Geeze Dan sorry to hear this. ...been there a few times
I had a killer farm in NJ zone 11 years back used to help the farmer literally worked like a dog all year to hunt..when married and kids came my time was spread thin and farmer John dumped me like a bad habit...no worries still killing deer.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

We have options, so it’s not the end of the world for us. I’m lucky to have four public areas close enough to hunt, but I have to deal with the weekend warriors again! :eusa-deadhorse: