OT: December 7 1941

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

OT: December 7 1941

Post by IronNoggin »

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
ko4nrbs

Re: OT: December 7 1941

Post by ko4nrbs »

When our ship entered or left Pearl harbor everyone that was not on watch was in dress whites standing at attention in formation. When we passed the Arizona, we all gave it a salute. May my fellow sailors rest in peace.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

My 97 year old fathers birthday is today Dec 7th , The Japs attacked Pearl harbor on his 17th birthday he tried to enlist but his parents would not sign the waver .
On his 18th birthday he joined the Army Air Corp ,no longer a thing,
He was sent to the Pacific as a pilot ,.
He has out lived 2 wife's one my mother, out lived 2 girl friends the latest passed last month.
All his kids chipped in and bought him a new Apple I pad for his birthday today.
He still drives but not like a old man but more like a old man in a hurry that can not stand to have a car in front of him, he can not stand being in any kind of line.
He recently got out of a speeding ticket because he had his Honor flight air corp hat in his back window from his trip to Washington that he keeps their for that reason .
The cop asked him about his service and let him off with a warning after seeing the hat.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

"The date which will live in infamy"

(crickets from google banner illustrators)

I had the fortune to visit hawaii and out of all the tours offered Pearl Harbor is the only one i insisted had to happen. It was too bad the walkway at the Arizona was closed.
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

A Japanese admiral at the time said... "I fear that we have awoken a sleeping giant."
His words were proven to be correct.

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have been fortunate to get to go to the museum and the Arizona memorial. It is a somber and eerie place. Not a lot of dry eyes.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:24 pm
A Japanese admiral at the time said... "I fear that we have awoken a sleeping giant."

Nog
I’m glad the welps in politics today weren’t running things, we all would have been screwed!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:50 pm
IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:24 pm

Nog
I’m glad the welps in politics today weren’t running things, we all would have been screwed!
True and back then men were men that were willing to fight today we have crybabies that wine about how someone hurt their feelings.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Haven't checked in for a while. Unfortunately, bow season in Florida coincides with the deadline of my largest contract every year, so the excalibur is growing old hanging on the wall in the gun closet. Good to see some old faces though.

Yamamoto could see past the arrogance and knew what the score was. "I shall run wild considerably for the first six months or a year, but I have utterly no confidence for the second and third years."

I think that despite the cell phone addictions and trophies for all, enough of our 18 year olds could be turned into trained killing machines. It would be a very difficult adjustment though for people to see past the political drama that is only making our news networks rich and famous.

Great thread IronNoggin.
rayman

Post by rayman »

On the subject, does anyone have any good recommendations for books on WWII by Canadian Authors?
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

It's a terrible thing that America's so-called news companies hardly had a word to say about Pearl. So sad. :(

Back in my days as a young copper, I had the HONOR to work with a man who had been aboard the Arizona at Pearl. He never spoke of it.
At his funeral years later, I learned of the heroics of that kind, gentle man, he swam thru burning fuel to save other crew member, he himself wounded. He was a true hero.... :clap:

Thanks Matt for the original post. Very fitting!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!