Ammo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

Ammo

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Has anybody been able to find any hunting ammo this year? Was hoping to see better instock for hunting season but that has not been the case down here. Haven't found any .30-06 or .45-70 that i use in over a year.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
rayman

Re: Ammo

Post by rayman »

There is ammo available online. Check ammoseek.com and gunbroker.com. It's not cheap though, and you can't be too selective. There is a basspro in my normal travel routes and I just kept stopping to check until they had some 270 I could live with. Then got 5 boxes, which was the limit per person.

Good luck.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Look online, save your expensive gas.
Call local gun shops and make a list of what days they get shipments in. I was lucky to find my.44 magnum and.243 ammunition in the weight and brand that I use, had to wait in line, but I did buy the limit for both.
Good luck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Same around here. You're out of luck if you want deer hunting ammo for .30-30, .308, .30-06, .243, .270 and just about any other typical hunting caliber. If you're looking for 350 Legend you see those occasionally, but not many folks around here have or use them so those just sit on the shelf. Oddly enough, 16 gauge, 28 gauge and .410 can be found around here which are normally harder to find. Its 20 and 12ga that are hard to find.

We're seeing a little 22LR, but not priced to sell IMO.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

I spent over an hr. Redoing my ammo locker.

Its been at my son's house. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I really had plenty of ammo in stock. More than likely more than I'll ever use.

Doesn't stop me from buying extra. Picked up a 7mm-08 rifle. ,.
Guy had boxes of ammo for 16 a box. This stuff is 50-60 anywhere, if you can find it. Hornady and remington , nosler. I bought 20 boxs.

Ammo has been in short supply here too..
but more is showing up at premium prices .

Our local deer hunting forums classified is always a place to check. Lots of trading going on !

Same with reloading products, especially powder.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

When buckshot was hard to find last year my brother bought a couple boxes of that sellior and belliot buckshot(probably spelled that wrong) ...but anyway l did a drive for him Saturday and drove a beautiful buck to him and the crappy ammo did not work....the whole box had too hard primers...watch out what you buy...a lot of junk out there!
I'm seeing .22s and shotgun shells at Walmart but a little indoor gun range here has had basically all ammo here right through the entire fake pandemic but prices are let's say ...elevated.
I stockpiled and hourded enough .357 and .45 ammo powder and primers etc to last year's ,me and brother shoot our pistols every other weekend lm not gonna let that get interrupted by any means.
Of all components primers are the more hard to get.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i remember back about 15 years ago i bought sellier buckshot and never used it.it was a box of 10 for like 4$ which was unherd of even back then... few years ago i gave 2 boxes away to my buddy and he and his dad loved them. said they were loaded hot... couldnt believe how they worked on deer... he bugged me to get the remaining few boxes i had.now i just tried there slug ammo and they are darn accurate. guess its all a crap shoot. i think sellier-belloit is suppose to be a long time manufacturer of ammo.if you go online you can find Federal buckshot in bulk for around 1$ each. just gotta keep looking. :thumbup:
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Found some on ammoseek.com Thanks for the heads up!!
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"