Re: Crazy Crossbow speeds

Post by nchunterkw »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:48 pm
Normous wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:44 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:54 pm
I have arrowed a lot of deer inside 15 yards, and to me those were my best hunts. Knowing you played the wind right, and you don't stink is one thing, but not getting busted lining up the shot up that close, that's what gets my heart pumping! :thumbup:
Dan, your speaking my language as I have crossbow arrowed 40+ deer under 20 y and I could not pay enough money for that up close contact and sense of success getting in close.

But, at the end of the day, I have to confess that I really like fast crossbows, even used at short distances using large cut mechanicals. The deer just stand there not knowing what to do and fall over DEAD.

I once shot a prototype Crossbow from a smaller US crossbow manufacturer that spit a 400 gr arrow nearly 550 FPS . Interestingly, this Xbow did not require a complicated cocking assist aid. I rope cocked it without complaint :mrgreen:
I would be full of BS if I said I don't appreciate speed, why would I have a Matrix 380. But on my bucket list is a spear hunt. No specific game, but just the opportunity. I know I could get a deer, squirrel, and most likely geese. :lol: :lol:

Just head down to the local golf course. You could probably go on a "golf club" hunt for geese. :D :D
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><