gerald strine

Re: My Micro lags behind my Matrix a lot

Post by gerald strine »

[
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

This was not with the Trailblazer head, but a cut-on-contact 3 blade sharp as a razor. Not a broadhead issue at all. I'm gonna change a few things and experiment. Thanks!
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Ok, strange results you've had. Very opposite experience from what I've had with bows less powerful than your Mag 340.

Definitely good advice offered from others on how to improve your results.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

You want penetration, get yourself a 400 BD and use 700 grain arrows. I have 2 x 380’s love them but the the 400 BD will put that heavy arrow through most critters on earth. I put an arrow clean through both shoulders of Bull moose this year at 30 yrds. Go big or go home😎👌
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Use fixed blade heads, I’m 2 for 2 no pass through with my Matrix 380 using mechanical heads that hit shoulder bone.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
grouse

Post by grouse »

I hunted 4 years with my Axiom using Zombies and 125 and 150 gr slick tricks (one deer with 150 gr. boltcutters and the original arrows). That bow is rated 35 fps slower than your 340. I had six kills, all pass throughs with the arrow sticking in the ground on the other side of where the deer stood. You should have no penetration problems with the right set up.
axiom
350 SE
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

my micro 315 is plenty fast for a deer, my matrix 380 is better for the longer shots. I shot an 8pt. buck 2 yrs ago with the micro, 42yds, 100 grn. Swhackers, I think the fletching caught on exit wound, as the arrow was broken when he went around a sapling about 10 ft from impact, the exit wound was 1.75 inches like the heart wound, so I know the broadhead went thru, using fixed blades on my Axiom tho, still waiting for the results. just saying I wouldn't be too concerned with speed difference.I think a lot of these guys can agree it's the energy behind the broadhead that gets penetration. just my 2 cents worth
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I understand the idea that you already have to Quills and want to use them...but they will be inferior to the Zombie Slayers. BUT....you could bump up the insert to 110gr, and try one of your Sonics. They are smaller and should help with penetration. As Tyler said....get them shaving sharp. ANY broadhead you use should be shaving sharp. I routinely spend 30min per blade getting things crazy sharp like that. It makes a big difference. And with your Stay Sharp, it should be pretty easy....just takes a bit of time.

I shoot that 16" Zombie, 110gr brass insert combo in both Micros. Sometimes with 125gr BHs and sometimes with 150gr BHs. I even used a 200gr VAP Single Bevel this year. All combos fly excellent. 2 years ago I shot a small buck hard quartering to me at about 20 yards. I had 125gr Slick Trick Magnum on there and it went in between the shoulder and neck and came out through the ham ...... so a pass through the long way.

Dr Ashby's stuff may be a bit over the top for a crossbow, but the principles all apply. Momentum, not speed helps penetration....and that comes from weight.

1) Perfect arrow flight (so all the available energy is behind the point to maximize penetration)
2) Arrow BH combo that sustains NO damage (even small bends in the tips of BHs etc will really hurt penetration)
3) Razor Sharp CoC BH. (As we discussed dull BHs really hurt penetration)
4) High FOC (moves the bend point forward making it harder to bend so less drag through the animal. To me with a super stiff shaft like a Zombie this point almost goes away. Those shafts just don't flex much at all.....especially at 16" length)
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><