My Dad found the first deer!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

My Dad found the first deer!

Post by XB I GO »

I'm sitting in the deer blind today, you can zoom and see the deer in front of me. I'm waiting for a big one. Anyway my Dad shot a deer on the 7th that I told you about, he couldn't find it and he ended up with another deer a few days later. Well he kept looking for the first one. He used my Mag 340 with the Quill and 150 grain Sonic Bolt BH with a Luminok. The hit looked like it was in the shoulder. The deer had the red Luminok sticking out. It stood for a while and walked away. A deer dog tracked it to a creek and that was the last blood or sign. My Dad has looked every day for this deer, sometimes on hand and knees in heavy brush, watching for birds and smelling around. Today he smelled something dead. It was in a straight line about 250 yards from where the last sign was. There's not much left of the deer. No bolt sticking out but there were maggots going in and out a hole just in front of the shoulder, so this is most likely the deer he shot. He thought it was bigger, and isn't positive, but there are no other hunters in this section as we are right in the middle of the City in a pretty populated area. He text me the picture....

This is the deer on camera a few seconds before being shot.

Here's the deer he found

And here I am trying to find a big buck
gerald strine

Re: My Dad found the first deer!

Post by gerald strine »

I am glad he found the deer perhaps he cad do a euro mount with the head so it wont be a complete loss.
What do you have going on with the front of your bow ? I will guess a quiver bracket but looks like more than that.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Also, your speed loss is partially because of those whiskers on your string. Glad he found the deer, we found the doe I shot with my handgun last year, I walked right past her the day I shot her.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

That is the Mount for the Arrowlock quiver. It’s on the Matrix. I’m back in the blind now with my Micro. Had to get out of the hail storm for a while and switched out the wet crossbow for a dry one.
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Good on him for staying after it and finding it. Looks like it was a nice looking deer.
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Too bad he couldn't find the arrow. That might have shed some more light on the penetration issue.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Good on your pops for keeping after it even after all that time, despite laying down human scent every time. Thats persistance that the animal deserves....even if the deer has spoiled. (nothing really "spoils" in the wild). Did he save the head/antlers?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-