A nice surprise

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

A nice surprise

Post by gerald strine »

A year ago last fall I shot a deer with my 350 Matrix and a 2219 XX75 Autumn orange shaft with a 175 grain Xbow Slick Trick broadhead.
I recovered the deer and got a pass through on the recovered deer but I was never able to find the arrow , I looked several times even took out my leaf blower to try and find it but never did.
Both the orange shafts and the 175 grain Slick trick's are no longer offered for sale and this is my favorite set up.
Well today I went for a walk in the woods it was warm with a slight coating of slushy snow and heavy ground fog , perfect for a scary movie chase seen and I looked down and saw about 2 inches of orange shaft !
I recovered the arrow and broadhead and it is good to go again after hitting the Broadhead with some steel wool and oil and a blade replacement.
The fletching is fine except the orange Blazer cock feather is badly faded the other fletching's were white and are fine.
Have you had any nice little surprise's ?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
quake

Re: A nice surprise

Post by quake »

Wow, what are the odds of that? Congrats on finding it. That's neat. :thumbup:
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

nice congrats, had a few of those myself.

Around here we call that a "fulamb". Worth a look on the Urban Dictionary if your not familiar with the term.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I know the feeling . The same thing happen to me I found one while tracking a deer I just shot , found the deer and a arrow I shot at a squirrel 37 years ago all the feathers were gone but the shaft and b h was in good shape, a surprise in deed.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Gerald, a bit off topic but the US made Tooth of the Arrow is offered in a 175 g four blade low profile design.
TOTA is machined from one piece steel and are priced similarly to the ST 175 gr.

NOTE , for 2022 TOTA is releasing a 150 gr option to compliment the 100, 125 and 175 head lineup.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Normous wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:22 am
Gerald, a bit off topic but the US made Tooth of the Arrow is offered in a 175 g four blade low profile design.
TOTA is machined from one piece steel and are priced similarly to the ST 175 gr.

NOTE , for 2022 TOTA is releasing a 150 gr option to compliment the 100, 125 and 175 head lineup.
I am familiar with the head looks tuff as nails and gets great reviews .
I stocked up on my 175 Slick tricks when I herd they were discontinued I have 3 unopened packs and a 2 quivers full of the Slick Tricks.
I prefer the option of changing blades on the slick tricks , the blades are used in other heads in the Slick trick offerings and are available so I am setting pretty well.
Thanks for the heads up I may end up with Tooth of the arrow heads eventually but am very satisfied with the Slick Tricks .
Slick Trick does still offer a 150 gr Xbow trick also.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Awsome, l had a bunch of the xx75 jim Doherty grey shafts for years the xx75 orange bring back many memories.
We used to brush them with the purple machinist dye for a camo effect. ......before the camo came out..
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
lituani

Post by lituani »

gerald strine wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:51 pm
Have you had any nice little surprise's ?
Not archery related but, during my recent moose hunt in northern Ontario, my reading glasses slipped out of my pocket while gathering firewood. Looked for two hours. Nothing. Day before flying out dropped a couple trees for next year's firewood. Walking back, caught a glint off the metal frame from blazing sun and was happily reunited with my readers.