Storage for xbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

armyds25

Storage for xbow

Post by armyds25 »

Does anyone take the string off once the season is done? does it affect the limbs or string?
flinthead

Re: Storage for xbow

Post by flinthead »

No need to take the string off… do make sure your brace height doesn’t get too low. I shoot all four of my bows several times a week, so no issues with leaving the string on.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Boo

Post by Boo »

Leave the string on. It is somewhat like encouragement to shoot. Store it in a cool dry environment.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I live in the State of "Hunt Year Round"!!! So...I never take my strings off. :thumbup: :lol: :wink: :eusa-naughty:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
lituani

Post by lituani »

No need to remove string. But go for it if you desire. I do remove mine in December and keep unstrung until mid-summer. No harm, no change of POI after returning string.
curious

Post by curious »

I never remove mine i shoot the bow at least once or twice a week in the basement. :thumbup:
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I do remove the strings from ones I know I am not going to shoot till spring. Only my 90lb target bow has a string on it now because I shoot it in the house. It is lined up for outside if I decide to go to gun club to shoot it in the winter months. I just turn down scope 22 clicks for indoors where I shoot it.