Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: Wild Game Cooking

Post by IronNoggin »

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:32 pm
Garlic Scape Pesto
This stuff is extremely versatile.

Took some, added in a little more olive oil, shredded asiago + romano + parmesan and a hint of Montreal Chicken spice.

Then coated our dinner with it and smoked it on the BarBee:

Combined with fresh corn on the cob and pasta.

It was Delicious! :thumbup:

Cheers
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Versatility...

Last night was Bob's with Pesto on the Barbee:

Combined with a fine Pesto pasta:

And quaffed down with a very fine Shiraz.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Makes me hungry!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Had to do something with the leftover Pesto Pasta.
So.. quickly steamed some Spot Prawns, Scallops and dug out a bag of Crab meat.
Tossed all that in with a few peas and cherry tomatoes, and WALLA!

Served up with cheesy garlic toast and a fine Beeno of course.

Yummy!

Cheers,
Nog
jay1972

Post by jay1972 »

Hello Nog just wanted to say that the food looks amazing!!! And thank you for all the Idea’s
That being said I also think this is cruel and unusual punishment for people like me that can’t cook nearly as well and have to live vicariously through your posts LOL
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Albert Einstein

"Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else."
Leonardo da Vinci
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

jay1972 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:50 pm
That being said I also think this is cruel and unusual punishment for people like me that can’t cook nearly as well and have to live vicariously through your posts LOL

Not the intent by any means!
And I am always happy to provide detailed recipes / instructions for any and every thing I post in this thread.

Nog
jay1972

Post by jay1972 »

:thumbup: Thank you Nog!! I might take you up on your offer sometime, I'm really glad you got a good sense of humor as well as great looking food

Thanks again
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Albert Einstein

"Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else."
Leonardo da Vinci
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Smoked Oysters on the BarBee & Magnum Prawns:

YUM!!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

:thumbup:
N5JIF

Post by N5JIF »

Nog, this is simply fantastic. What are you using for a rub? It looks like you have several that you are using for various cuts and meats. Thanks for sharing your recipes!
Axiom with Leupold pig plex, enjoying both vixenmaster and Boo custom strings
N5JIF

Post by N5JIF »

I had some success with this so It might help someone:
I seasoned with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, then smoked 2 small deer roasts for about 2 hrs on my home made smoker using cherry wood and charcoal. Temperature ran about 100F. I then put the roasts in a crock type covered dish with enough olive oil to cover the bottom and 2 Tablespoons butter and cooked for 2 Hours at 250 F. Chilled the roasts and then ran them through the slicer. It is nicely moist, great flavor and way cheaper than deli sandwich meat
Axiom with Leupold pig plex, enjoying both vixenmaster and Boo custom strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Pheasant slow roasted in the clay baker:

Served up with it's stuffing, maple yams & fiddleheads:

And washed down with a very fine Merlot:

Yummy! :thumbup:
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

What to do with leftover pheasant?
Create a nice creamy white wine sauce (with lemon & garlic) to mix it with, pour over linguine, dust with parmesan and serve with cheesy garlic toast!

Cheers!
janesy

Post by janesy »

I was beginning to think you stopped eating Matt!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

janesy wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:19 am
I was beginning to think you stopped eating Matt!
Just busy is all.
I'll be adding more as I can...

Cheers