Wild Game Cooking

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: Wild Game Cooking

Post by IronNoggin »

Bucket of Clams, Calamari Sticks with Tzatziki Sauce, fresh Garden Salad & Cheesy Garlic Toast. Accompanied by a fine Merlot;

Yummy!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

My Lady's Birthday yesterday, so she called the shots on Din-Din.
Whole free range pig tenderloin, smothered in Peach Bourbon Barbee Sauce (awesome stuff btw!). twice baked stuffed taters (used a little pepperoni this time rather than bacon & turned out excellent!), and sprouts.

Tossed it back with a well aged fine Merlot.

Then topped it off with a great German Black Forest Cake from our local bakery.

She was Happy!!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

We rarely go out to chow down. Reasons for that are likely apparent.
That said, we do visit our local favorite "Little Bavaria" to celebrate some occasions.
Her Birthday is one of them.

I don't take pictures in restaurants for may reasons.
So, our selection from the menu will have to suffice:

Should have seen their eyes when I requested "extra bratwurst"! LOL!
Quaffed back with a very good Cabernet Sauvignon it was truly outstanding!!

Burp & Cheers!
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Decided to stuff another Pheasant last night:

Slow roasted in the clay baker.

This time went with the stuffing and sprouts:

And served up with another fine Merlot:

T'was Marvelous!

Cheers,
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Left over pheasant night, so...

Whipped up a creamy white wine sauce with shaved garlic and shrooms, added some of the shredded pheasant, placed the larger pieces on top of a plate of linguini, poured the sauce over that and topped with shredded three cheese.

Uber fattening & uber yummy!

Cheers,
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Wet, windy and rainy day yesterday.
Called for some Comfort Food.
Had a boo in the larger and found the last jar of Whitetail Chili I canned in the spring.

BINGO!

Topped with shredded marble cheese, accompanied by cheesy garlic roast, and washed down with a fine Cabernet.

Cheers!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Another super simple one...

She Who Rules had to work late yesterday, so I needed something quick and easy...

Took a handful of wings, spiced them up and tossed them in the air fryer.
Made a batch of Potstickers in the frying pan to accompany:

Served up with a Sweet Thai Chili & Spring Roll Sauce Combination for the potstickers and a ranch / sour cream / garlic sauce for the wings.

Air frying the wings is THE way to go - very crispy skin with tender & moist meat!

Quaffed back with another good Merlot...

Cheers,
Nog
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Nog what air fryer do you have ,want to get one but not sure of what to get
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

We started off with the Ninja 3.8 L Fryer with a single basket:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ninja-air-fryer-black-3-8l-0439582p.html?loc=plp

Over time I decided that I would prefer a two basket system so I could deal with varying products being cooked at the same time.
When I got back from fishing, the Ninja XL Dual Zone was marked down by 1/2, so we bit:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ninja-foodi-xl-dual-zone-6-in-1-air-fryer-w-2-baskets-black-9-5l-0430955p.html

Went with that brand as recommended by my bowhunting partner.
We have been very pleased with both.
In fact doing whitetail burger and dirty Mexican rice stuffed red peppers in the second one tonight.

Cheers,
Nog
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Will look in to it Thanks
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Had some left over Dirty Mexican Rice with Beans from the other night, so...

Fine chopped a small onion, crumbled up a pound of whitetail burger and tossed those into the frying pan. Added a shot of Mesquite seasoning and browned.

Added in the Mexican Rice, and a new-to-me replacement for tomato sauce - left over chili! Got that all warmed up while I cored a couple large red peppers.
Then stuffed the lot into them, and popped them in the air fryer:

Takes a little better than 10 minutes to cook them at 365 degrees, checking occasionally. At the 10 minute mark I capped them with shredded Asiago / Romano / Parmesan cheese and hit them up for a couple more minutes.

Served up with cheesy garlic toast and a fine red of course:

The addition of the chili takes this meal to a whole 'nother level!
I strongly suggest giving it a try - I know I will be again!

Cheers,
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Time for a seafood fix...

Fast pan seared to slightly less than medium rare Yelloweye (Red Snapper):

Served up on a bed of Basmati accompanied by air fried Spare Gooses, with home made Hollandaise topping:

In a word: Superb!

Cheers,
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »