Wild Game Cooking

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: Wild Game Cooking

Post by IronNoggin »

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Our local grocer (Quality Foods) had a special on AAA Alberta Black Angus Sirloins.
$ 4.99 / lb (cheaper than burger!)
So I picked up a good handful and we tried a couple out last night.

Very very good!
Hell of a deal!

Cheers
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Don’t have any pics, but, we had a chili cook off at church last week. Colton had killed a feral hog and I got to pay for processing, so I used that ground meat for the chili. I got a third place!!😁 it wound up being 15 pots of chili in it so it wasn’t a huge competition but … and yes I put some beans in it.( Those Presbyterian’s will eat most anything😎)
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:03 am
Don’t have any pics, but, we had a chili cook off at church last week. Colton had killed a feral hog and I got to pay for processing, so I used that ground meat for the chili. I got a third place!!😁 it wound up being 15 pots of chili in it so it wasn’t a huge competition but … and yes I put some beans in it.( Those Presbyterian’s will eat most anything😎)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Just made the long pilgrimage home from Idaho.
While down there, my most excellent Sister In Law presented me with half a tenderloin from the very fat spike elk she shot this past fall.
Couldn't wait to get home and chow down on it!

So last night was BarBeed Elk Tenderloin, Twice Baked Taters, mix of air fried green beans & red pepper, all washed down with a very good Merlot!

Fit for a King & Queen!

Cheers,
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Stuffed Quails, Stuffing and oven baked Acorn Squash.

Cabernet Sauvignon this time around.

Cheers
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Another Massive Prime Rib Steak on the BarBee:

Served up with twice baked taters, sprouts and a fine Merlot:

Cheers
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Left overs from that huge Prime Rib Steak made for one heck of a fine Stir-Fry!!

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

BarBee'd Yelloweye (Snapper) with air-fried Spare Gooses and Basmati with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce:

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Bobs on the BarBee

With Wild & Mushroom Rice

Cheers
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Wet, Cold, Windy Days call for Comfort Food!

Seafood chowder with local shrimp, scallops, crab and clams along with cheesy garlic toast:

Hit The Spot!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Grow a lot of garlic around here.
Finally getting to my version of a mix of granulated & garlic powder.

3 more runs to go...