Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: Wild Game Cooking

Post by AJ01 »

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:43 pm
:wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Had to pick up my Lady from work yesterday which meant driving right by Pete's Mountain Meats.
Noticed he had a sale on Clam Chowder going on. Picked up a tub of course.

When we got home I tossed a good handful of both prawns & scallops into it.

Accompanied by a very fine European Bun it was Delicious!

Just what The Doc ordered on such a snowy day!

Cheers
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Despite the rain and snow I simply HAD to BarBee night before last.
Lamb Chops with pasta & homemade sauce with Spares Gooses.

Last night the BarBee was rolled out of the way to accommodate my big smoker.
So Spaghetti with home made meat balls & sauce topped with shredded marble cheese.

Merlot with the first and a fine Cabernet for the second.

Cheers
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Another successful run of Gummy Bear Salmon:

YUMMY!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Seafood (scallops, prawns, shrimp, Dungeness crab) Philly based sauce and Pasta last night:

Yummy Indeed!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Huge Prime Rib Steak again last night:

Brought to room temperature then well seasoned:

Hot BarBee of course:

Served up with corn on the cob and chipotle pasta

A rather fine Shiraz to accompany.

Cheers
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Don't you ever eat Mc Donalds or something??? LOL
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:15 pm
Don't you ever eat Mc Donalds or something??? LOL
Nope. Never actually.
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I haven't had McDonalds in years myself. Any advice on how to cook a hog hindquarter without using a smoker?
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:51 pm
I haven't had McDonalds in years myself. Any advice on how to cook a hog hindquarter without using a smoker?
Good call on Mac D's!

Never done a hindquarter in anything but my big smoker.

Best thought would be low and slow heat for hours in the oven.

Had a quick boo and found these two suggestions:

https://brokenarrowranch.com/blogs/recipes/how-to-cook-whole-wild-boar-leg

https://www.ehow.com/how_8236633_cook-pork-hind-quarter.html

Hope that helps!

Cheers
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I'll weigh in on this hindquarter thing.

I'd bone it out into hams or roast, then I'd drag out the old slow cooker (crockpot). Stuff as much as I wanted in the crockpot, put it on low with a little salt, pepper and a touch of "Slap Ya Momma" Cajun spice and garlic. Then I'd pour a whole 12oz can of Dr. Pepper in the pot.
Let it cook for 8-10 hours depending on how much meat you have.
The Dr. Pepper will soak into the meat. It'll be so sweet and so tender you can pull it apart with a fork.

Add Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and you have the best pulled pork you will ever eat!!
Be sure and slice sweet Onions. I use Purple (Red) Onions. Jalapeno peppers and Dill pickles.

I make this all the time. I just fed about 50 folks at a "Gender Reveal" party for one of my granddaughters. Looked like a bunch of Vultures circling a dead cow!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:53 am
Looked like a bunch of Vultures circling a dead cow!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:
:lol: Sounds right tasty!!

Last night was pan seared Snapper, Basmati, Spare Gooses & Hollandaise.

Quite tasty!

Cheers