Excalibur micro 380 string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mchurch

Excalibur micro 380 string

Post by mchurch »

Other than the longer serving, is there any other difference with the regular factory micro string?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Boo

Re: Excalibur micro 380 string

Post by Boo »

Nope
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:19 am
Nope
Don, what is the main purpose of the extra long serving?
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

It was warm enough to get some shots in and sight in my 380 this afternoon. I wondered if the added serving on the string would negatively impact speed. I took off the Micro 380 string and weighed it along with a standard string.

Micro 380 string: ~114 grains
Typical Micro String: ~90 grains

So does a string that is 24 grains heavier negatively impact the speed? I would think it does, but I didn't see it in my limited testing. With an arrow just above 350gr, I'm seeing in the upper 370 range with either string. Or more importantly to me, I'm seeing >350fps with ~410gr arrow with either string.

I put the stock string back on. If anything, the longer serving should help limit serving separation on the higher draw weight bows. If there isn't a downside, it seems like a good idea.

The next question is, where do we get replacements? I'm thinking if it was a good idea on the Micro 380, it would be a better idea on the 400TD.

BTW, rope cocking about 25 shots on the Micro 380 was all I wanted. The last 4-5 were a struggle. The draw weight is no joke and it will wear you down. I shot my Matrix 350 about ten times afterwards and boy was it a pleasure to shoot.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

DuckHunt wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:00 pm
It was warm enough to get some shots in and sight in my 380 this afternoon. I wondered if the added serving on the string would negatively impact speed. I took off the Micro 380 string and weighed it along with a standard string.

Micro 380 string: ~114 grains
Typical Micro String: ~90 grains

So does a string that is 24 grains heavier negatively impact the speed? I would think it does, but I didn't see it in my limited testing. With an arrow just above 350gr, I'm seeing in the upper 370 range with either string. Or more importantly to me, I'm seeing >350fps with ~410gr arrow with either string.

I put the stock string back on. If anything, the longer serving should help limit serving separation on the higher draw weight bows. If there isn't a downside, it seems like a good idea.

The next question is, where do we get replacements? I'm thinking if it was a good idea on the Micro 380, it would be a better idea on the 400TD.

BTW, rope cocking about 25 shots on the Micro 380 was all I wanted. The last 4-5 were a struggle. The draw weight is no joke and it will wear you down. I shot my Matrix 350 about ten times afterwards and boy was it a pleasure to shoot.
Very interesting to read that. Sounds like a pretty heavy hitter.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I wonder if they will be selling the string with the longer serving?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I personally would want the longer serving when Danny Miller used to make some Flemish strings for me I always had him serve my string where the serving came past the rubber dampeners so it would keep the fuzzing down where the string impacted the bumpers with extended shooting sessions.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads