What Is The Downside To Shooting A Heavy Arrow (600gr+) At Deer?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: What Is The Downside To Shooting A Heavy Arrow (600gr+) At Deer?

Post by janesy »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:44 am
AJ01 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:19 pm
Half the time I can't understand a word either of you types!
When I get lost in the accent I just say " how big is Texas?" And it a pretty clean way out. :lol: :lol: ... EH?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:08 pm
AJ01 wrote:
When I get lost in the accent I just say " how big is Texas?" And it a pretty clean way out. :lol: :lol: ... EH?
I was at a "long range rifle" seminar many years ago, (at least that's what I'll call it here) :wink: , and I had the pleasure or becoming friends with some guys from y'all's Royal Canadian Mounted Police. We all ran around together for about 2 weeks in upstate New York. There were 2 of them and 2 crazies from Texas. I don't know who laughed the most, us or them!

I just never figured out why everything is a question with y'all...EH???? :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:24 pm
janesy wrote:
AJ01 wrote:
I was at a "long range rifle" seminar many years ago, (at least that's what I'll call it here) :wink: , and I had the pleasure or becoming friends with some guys from y'all's Royal Canadian Mounted Police. We all ran around together for about 2 weeks in upstate New York. There were 2 of them and 2 crazies from Texas. I don't know who laughed the most, us or them!

I just never figured out why everything is a question with y'all...EH???? :lol: :lol:
This will explain everything.

https://youtu.be/zBNN9xOD16k
https://youtu.be/rmwRjCvIvfI
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:12 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:24 pm
janesy wrote:

This will explain everything.

https://youtu.be/zBNN9xOD16k
https://youtu.be/rmwRjCvIvfI
Red Green!! Funny Stuff!!! :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

AJ, I have been to Boofest and met most of these folks. They are really nice, and will just talk to you about most anything.....Then I figured out that they were just wanting to listen to me talk! :lol: :lol: :lol: We may have a "slight" accent but Danny Miller takes the cake! :lol: :lol: pardner!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:46 pm
AJ, I have been to Boofest and met most of these folks. They are really nice, and will just talk to you about most anything.....Then I figured out that they were just wanting to listen to me talk! :lol: :lol: :lol: We may have a "slight" accent but Danny Miller takes the cake! :lol: :lol: pardner!
Hahaha! If you ask Danny, he'll tell y'all he lives in A-Hi-Ya.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:01 pm
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:46 pm
Hahaha! If you ask Danny, he'll tell y'all he lives in A-Hi-Ya.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's okay, I think most of us "good ol boys" say Tex Us! :mrgreen:
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

Just for fun for all the engineers in here:

Two engineers were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking at its top. A woman walked by and asked what they were doing

"We're supposed to find the height of this flagpole," said Steve, "but we don't have a ladder."

The woman took pliers from her purse, loosened a couple of bolts, and laid the pole down on the ground. Then she took a tape measure from her purse, took a measurement, announced, “21 feet," and walked away.

One engineer shook his head and laughed, "A lot of good that does us. We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"

Both engineers have since quit their engineering jobs and have been elected to Congress.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
Boo

Post by Boo »

Ankh wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:09 pm

Two engineers were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking at its top. A woman walked by and asked what they were doing

"We're supposed to find the height of this flagpole," said Steve, "but we don't have a ladder."

The woman took pliers from her purse, loosened a couple of bolts, and laid the pole down on the ground. Then she took a tape measure from her purse, took a measurement, announced, “21 feet," and walked away.

One engineer shook his head and laughed, "A lot of good that does us. We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"

Both engineers have since quit their engineering jobs and have been elected to Congress.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Ankh wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:09 pm

Dang!!! So THAT'S where they come from!!! :eusa-doh: :mrgreen:
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Keith
I thank you for offering yourself up to be picked on. Engineers usually get a free pass . Everybody just simply likes them, it seems. Now, lawyers, on the other hand, everybody loves to dump on them.
Thanks Buddy.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I take off for a few days and this is what happens.................. :D

Here's a funny story....back in the 90'ss I worked at Lucent Technologies (was AT&T). We made cell tower equipment. It was a union plant. They decided on one last "blaze of glory" and went on strike. All of us engineers came in an worked 6, 12 hour days to keep things running for 3 or 4 weeks. The plant generally ran 5 days 3 shifts. All of us only together made up about 25% or 30% of the regular workforce, yet we cleaned out all of the work they had in test set construction (they said it would take like a year to complete), and set production records for output, yield and performance. And all we did was follow the work instructions as written. Sometimes things that don't work in the REAL world are because the REAL world is stubborn and won't listen. But that's part of being an engineer. Ya gotta be able to make things that people can and will use. It can be the most elegant solution but if people won't do it then it doesn't make that much difference.

The sad thing was that on the first day of the strike, my boss called us together and said "this is the beginning of the end" and he was right. Lucent didn't want anything to do with a plant like this and within 5 years it was closed and they were all unemployed. But the engineering teams were still there designing stuff to be built in other factories.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Don’t let the razzing bother you. People dump on lawyers all the time. But who do they call if the city won’t take care of the problem of the neighbor’s barking dog? Or their kid has an accident with the family car? Or their kid gets in a fight and has to defend himself?

Just remember the teasing like a lawyer does. The quality of insult determines the size of the retainer……

😀😀😀😀
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Hi5 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:09 pm
Don’t let the razzing bother you. People dump on lawyers all the time. But who do they call if the city won’t take care of the problem of the neighbor’s barking dog? Or their kid has an accident with the family car? Or their kid gets in a fight and has to defend himself?

Just remember the teasing like a lawyer does. The quality of insult determines the size of the retainer……

😀😀😀😀
Doesn't bother me. It used to, but like you, you get used to it. But I do like to throw it back :D
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

Hehehe!