This makes me wonder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

This makes me wonder

Post by xcaliber »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KhlZZ0KZL8

Two coyotes take down this obviously mature buck, I see at the beginning of the pics. the buck is injured on the rear end. I still don't understand why he didn't run. Anyway, I would like to be a fair weather hunter for these boogers. :eusa-think:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hillcountry

Re: This makes me wonder

Post by Hillcountry »

Saw that video a while back…I also thought it strange. I can only imagine they had run the buck ragged and in a weakened state, he had to take a stand. He had been harassed from behind as you said. A damned shame but that’s nature at its worst.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I tell the boys to shoot every stinking Yote they see!!
They rate right up there with Hogs to me!! :x
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
artifact

Post by artifact »

I have often heard that a beagle can eventually run down a deer, if that is a fact a couple of coyote can certainly wear a deer down enough to be able to kill it. Anytime while deer hunting, I will shoot a coyote if the opportunity arises.

Go for it xcaliber, a buddy and I go out on occasion and don't have too much luck. I have everything needed for both day and night hunting, I wanted to shoot them in my yard, but after I shot one it seems like they got really scarce, almost like they know!
janesy

Post by janesy »

artifact wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:22 pm
I have often heard that a beagle can eventually run down a deer, if that is a fact a couple of coyote can certainly wear a deer down enough to be able to kill it. Anytime while deer hunting, I will shoot a coyote if the opportunity arises.

Go for it xcaliber, a buddy and I go out on occasion and don't have too much luck. I have everything needed for both day and night hunting, I wanted to shoot them in my yard, but after I shot one it seems like they got really scarce, almost like they know!
Few years back we had a new dog get on a track first thing in the morning and it disappeared. We figured it was gone, finished the day hunting including a nice lunch break back at camp, when out of nowhere this doe comes out at least 10-15 km away from where we got on her 8 hours earlier with that dog on her heals. When we shot the doe she was pretty much exhausted, almost stopped and asked for it. This was very thick, rough Shield terrain they ran on all day. Would not have been easy on either of them
The dog was no worse for wear. :eusa-think:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Brutal! I think much of which deer gets victimized depends on it's personality. It's like when you see a smaller more aggressive dog chase off a larger dog. The bigger dog could pick up the small dog and shake it. That buck could maybe have stomped at or on the coyote but who knows?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Good point, Boo.

As a firearms owner, I can identify with that buck. The pack is at our heels, even if it’s leader is a bit distracted at the moment. April is coming soon for prohibited owners.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.