OT: Spring!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: OT: Spring!

Post by IronNoggin »

:shock:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:45 pm
I am about sick of this white fluffy stuff, and the tingling sensation in my __lls when I'm outside. :lol: :lol:
Brother I froze those bad boys right off in January!
:wtf:
janesy

Post by janesy »

This is the first winter in recent memory that we have had snow clean through from Christmas to today with a January thaw .
This spring is going to be messy.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:41 pm
This is the first winter in recent memory that we have had snow clean through from Christmas to today with a January thaw .
This spring is going to be messy.
Yep, and the roads are bad shape as well.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:12 am
It's 74 degrees here this lovely morning!! However, they say it's supposed to be BACK in the 30's by Thursday night!! :thumbdown:

I need a couple of good 70 plus days to warm the waters enough to trigger the Crappie spawn!! :thumbup:
AJ,
be sure to let us northerners know how lovely it is down there come summer :P :P :lol:
wont see anything growing in my area for 2-3 months. big snow storms are not uncommon in april :shock:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:17 am
AJ01 wrote:
It's 74 degrees here this lovely morning!! However, they say it's supposed to be BACK in the 30's by Thursday night!! :thumbdown:

I need a couple of good 70 plus days to warm the waters enough to trigger the Crappie spawn!! :thumbup:
AJ,
be sure to let us northerners know how lovely it is down there come summer :P :P :lol:
wont see anything growing in my area for 2-3 months. big snow storms are not uncommon in april :shock:
This summer's forecast will be HUGE skeeters, ticks and HIGH HUMIDITY to top the list of things to "love" about East Texas!! :lol: :lol:
And that stretch of 100-degree days with no rain in sight! And then the ground dries out and crack opens open so deep a Tumble Bug can't roll a decent cow pie biscuit across the field cause he's afraid he'll drop in there and not be able to get out!! :eusa-doh:
Not to mention the "Nodding Thistles" that try to take over the hay fields every stinking year!!! :eusa-naughty:
And speaking of hay fields, when it starts to green up the hogs decide to party all across the hay fields. There are so many craters in those fields it's like driving around the city of Beirut!! You can lose a tractor in some of those things!! :wtf:
OH!!!! And did I mention FIRE Ants that come out of a winter slumber and want to BITE anything that gets within 100 yards of them?? :x
And then if you suffer from allergies, there is enough Pine pollen floating thru the air to paint your house yellow!! Thank You Lord of all the huge Pines, but...I could have done without all that blasted pollen!! :roll:

AH YES! The joys of living in East Texas. I will say this...I'm just glad I don't live in west Texas!!! :mrgreen:

Y'all stay warm and dry out there in Blizzard Land!! :wink:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:28 am
Deaf jeff wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:17 am
AJ01 wrote:

AJ,
This summer's forecast will be HUGE skeeters, ticks and HIGH HUMIDITY to top the list of things to "love" about East Texas!! :lol: :lol:
And that stretch of 100-degree days with no rain in sight! And then the ground dries out and crack opens open so deep a Tumble Bug can't roll a decent cow pie biscuit across the field cause he's afraid he'll drop in there and not be able to get out!! :eusa-doh:
Not to mention the "Nodding Thistles" that try to take over the hay fields every stinking year!!! :eusa-naughty:
And speaking of hay fields, when it starts to green up the hogs decide to party all across the hay fields. There are so many craters in those fields it's like driving around the city of Beirut!! You can lose a tractor in some of those things!! :wtf:
OH!!!! And did I mention FIRE Ants that come out of a winter slumber and want to BITE anything that gets within 100 yards of them?? :x
And then if you suffer from allergies, there is enough Pine pollen floating thru the air to paint your house yellow!! Thank You Lord of all the huge Pines, but...I could have done without all that blasted pollen!! :roll:

AH YES! The joys of living in East Texas. I will say this...I'm just glad I don't live in west Texas!!! :mrgreen:

Y'all stay warm and dry out there in Blizzard Land!! :wink:
By the end of Feb, anything above -10°C is hoodie weather, -15°C add puffy vest, -20°C auto start the truck.
All the warm jackets are frozen in the back seat anyway :lol:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Friday night was spent scraping ice and snow off the bridges on the highway in -20c -24c according to the truck. Looks like I’ll be at it again tonight for 12 hours
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

:mrgreen: :lol: :wink: :wave:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:58 pm

:mrgreen: :lol: :wink: :wave:
That's funny, I was at the Toronto Zoo a few years ago in August and it was around 30-35°C and the people in the audience were vocalizing their concern for the Lions and Rinos being out in the heat with no shade. :shock: :shock: :eusa-doh:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

It actually got quite a bit worse...

My Lady's ride then got trapped by the snowplow dumping a huge ridge of snow alongside it this morning. Had to run her up to work with the 4x4. Streets are a mess.

Plus 4 and getting rather sloppy...

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Although completely buried by snow, the flowers show no sign of that today...

In fact the garlic has shot up so much I need to pull their cold frame today.
And the Asparagus is starting to stick their noses up too.

Back to what it should be!! Image

Cheers,
Nog
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Starting to get nice here too. We’re in the crazy weather patterns where it could be in the 60’s one day and snow the next. Won’t be long now!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Super funny! Thank you for the laugh being a past owner of a big dog and 2 small dogs. Still miss my oldest Beagle everyday. :(
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Spare Gooses freed from their cover for the year:

They appear rather pleased by that development.

Cheers,
Nog