Nice to see...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Nice to see...

Post by AJ01 »

This past season, I had a couple of nice bucks close to the house. I was afraid local gun hunters were going to get this one buck in particular. However, it seems he has survived another year. :thumbup:
If he makes it until this coming bow season, he and I will play "cat and mouse" one more time! :lol:

And yes...that temperature was correct for that day!!! :lol: :lol:

I've only seen this buck on camera maybe 10 times during the day in the last 4 years. I did drive onto the place one day about 1:30 in the afternoon and he was standing out in a wide-open field. Looked at me and slowly trotted off into the wood line.

The location this picture was at is located about a quarter mile off a pipeline right-of-way back in some pretty thick stuff. That strap around that tree actually holds a mineral block in a hanger. First time I've ever seen him at this site...
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Re: Nice to see...

Post by Hatchet »

77° well at least you didn't make a big thing out of it and laugh at your frostbitten Northern Brothers! :eusa-snooty:
😂😀😂
That's a nice buck AJ! Good luck playin the game with that one!
Take care and be well
Hatchet
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Whew, that's a stud!

I'd have a grid of cameras around that area.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

What a beast! Nice AJ! Hope you at least get to see him!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Beautiful buck, good luck Andy!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Nice AJ… hope you put the Swhack on him next season!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

That's a super nice buck and a really thick body especially for Texas!
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

That's an awesome buck I'm glad he made it hopefully you'll get another crack at him. I had a picture last year in January also of a 9 pt that had disappeared during deer season and showed back up after the season was over I thought he had been killed, He ended up growing bigger into a nice 12 pt this past season and I was able to watch him grow all summer at the back on my property he was really tearing my mineral site up. I ended up killing him the 5th day of archery season this past year after hunting him 5 days in a row, he finally stepped out right before dark and ran a nice 8 pt off when he came in and circled around and gave me a perfect broadside shot at 34 yards.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hester0305 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:13 am
That's an awesome buck I'm glad he made it hopefully you'll get another crack at him. I had a picture last year in January also of a 9 pt that had disappeared during deer season and showed back up after the season was over I thought he had been killed, He ended up growing bigger into a nice 12 pt this past season and I was able to watch him grow all summer at the back on my property he was really tearing my mineral site up. I ended up killing him the 5th day of archery season this past year after hunting him 5 days in a row, he finally stepped out right before dark and ran a nice 8 pt off when he came in and circled around and gave me a perfect broadside shot at 34 yards.
Congrats on the deer. It always feels really good when a plan comes together! :thumbup:

When I was a kid, (a long time ago), we had no deer in the part of East Texas I grew up in. We travelled every year to go hunt. Deer started moving back in about the mid-80's.
When I retired and moved back to East Texas, the 1st thing I started was management programs on several pieces of property I own and several I have access to hunt. Didn't kill a single deer for like 4-5 years off any of those properties. After that, we "marked" several deer that need a "freezer nap"! The biggest battle wasn't the deer herd, it was the poachers!! :eusa-doh:
Our problem is that these deer are all free range and East Texas is known for it's poaching problems. Fences and "No Trespassing" signs mean nothing to some folks. I've actually had folks steal feeders and blinds off some of the places!! :wtf: Thankfully I have a very good working relationship with the local Game Wardens and the Sheriff's Office...

My boys, sons-in-laws and grandkids hunt more than I do. But ain't that what it's all about anyways? :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!