Canadian gun export knowledge

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ankh

Canadian gun export knowledge

Post by Ankh »

Do any of my brothers in the far north know if it's possible to purchase a rifle in Canada and have it shipped to a dealer in the U.S. ? I am looking for a T3x COMPACT TACTICAL RIFLE
JRTXC416 in 308 win. The only places I can find them in 308 are in Canada...al Flaherty's, etc. Thanks for any input.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
Hi5

Re: Canadian gun export knowledge

Post by Hi5 »

What is possible is likely impractical. Contact the retailer directly. If nothing else, he may be able to help by linking you up with a U.S. retailer.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ankh wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:53 am
Do any of my brothers in the far north know if it's possible to purchase a rifle in Canada and have it shipped to a dealer in the U.S. ? I am looking for a T3x COMPACT TACTICAL RIFLE
JRTXC416 in 308 win. The only places I can find them in 308 are in Canada...al Flaherty's, etc. Thanks for any input.
It is possible, but expensive. This company will do the deal for you. Www.irunguns.com.

On the other hand, if you know someone up here, you can purchase a gun from someone and then import it yourself. BUT, last time I looked into it you have to physically be in the country and export it with you. But don't hold me to that, the deal did not happen when I was looking into it before, so I never went ahead with it.

Edit: one detail I forgot was that you had to be the one exporting and importing it through an FFL... Which are the nuttiest things I've ever heard of... But so be the way it is for you guys. Believe it or not, it's not our export laws that are the problem, it's your import(and export) laws.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:14 pm

Edit: one detail I forgot was that you had to be the one exporting and importing it through an FFL... Which are the nuttiest things I've ever heard of... But so be the way it is for you guys. Believe it or not, it's not our export laws that are the problem, it's your import(and export) laws.
Welcome to the 1968 Gun Control Act. It effects everyone but criminals!! :thumbup: :lol: :roll: :crazy: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:25 pm
janesy wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:14 pm

Welcome to the 1968 Gun Control Act. It effects everyone but criminals!! :thumbup: :lol: :roll: :crazy: :lol:
Absolutely! :problem:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

Thanks for the answers/input, looks like a plan b needs to be developed.
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Ankh wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:21 pm
Thanks for the answers/input, looks like a plan b needs to be developed.
Have you a reason for buying up North, price, availability, etc. If our local dealer sells a brand, he can order and drop ship to an AFL licensed dealer. Not done this in a while, so maybe much harder than before than pandemic.
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

Availability, since Beretta purchased tikka, they are only offering the model I want in 223. They still offer the 308 in Canada.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Ankh wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:46 pm
Availability, since Beretta purchased tikka, they are only offering the model I want in 223. They still offer the 308 in Canada.
I can check today and send you the information if they can get you one.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I called the three local shops I deal with, and no dice. They no longer are dealers for them, not their choice. Anyway, I found this and pasted a link. You can see if they can ship to your local dealer. Hope you get one!

https://tikkafirearmstore.com/tikka-t3x-lite-5/
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

Thanks for your help/ extra effort, I'll check out the link and update you if able to secure one. Funny, I got better information on this crossbow forum than from several gun forums. Good people in here.
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=t3x%20308&Sort=13

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/jrtxb416

Might be able to find a source through these links
C
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
janesy

Post by janesy »

A quick Google search brought up this company. Similar to Irunguns, but American.

Might be worth a try

https://www.borderview.com/services/for-individuals/
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/tikka-t3x-lite-308-win-matte-black-bolt-action-synthetic-stock-rifle/0000000324284#

They are in Wisconsin, and it looks like in store only.