Wood table ideas

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Wood table ideas

Post by janesy »

I'm looking to refinish a table for my new house in the country. I need a wood piece to add some life to the place.

I was going for the harvest table look and wanted simple square chairs. I found these on the local Kijiji and arranged to pick them up on Tuesday.

Image.

They also came with a table, which looked like junk but it was a package deal. So be it, the table was included.

Then I found this for cheap, but this is a story in itself because it was in a genuine crack house. Which, I'm not speaking Ill of, it just not something I've experienced. But I bought it anyway. It's 36" x 72" x3" black walnut mirrored slab. It needs a refinish, and it's HEAVY but it's awesome. Went an got it Monday right away. Whipped up some industrial style legs for it today to get ideas

But then! Yesterday I got the table and chairs, and it turns out the table is equally as awesome with years of stories behind it. The chairs are perfect

So I find myself not after weeks of searching for that perfect character piece to pop up, to having two beautiful examples of character within two days.

Which do you guys like and why? Live edge black walnut slab? Or Harvest table that's been treated like just that. I thought I was sold on the Slab, but the harvest table is just so cool. Either way it'll be getting epoxy treated and refinished top to bottom whichever(or both) route I decide to go with.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Re: Wood table ideas

Post by xcaliber »

Both. :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:14 pm
Both. :lol: :lol:
That what my buddy said, make the live edge one a coffee table. Which I could probably fit in the great room
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I vote for the live edge! Always liked that look! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Gotta love the slab :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Harvest for your dining and slab for living room
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

They both have great character......would be hard to pick one.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I guess for context, this is the half of the house I'm trying to fill. The other half is bedrooms, they are furnished already.
I'm thinking the Harvest table runs perpendicular to the island, over "nook". Wtf is a nook? I've been selling them for over 2 decades I still have no idea what it is.

The blank spot on the wall on the right is the TV wall. That side of the room will be separated by a couch. So the live edge could go over there as a shorter version. That's the nice thing about iron pipe legs, totally modular.

Looks like I'm keeping both hahaha.

Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I like the live edge, but man the other one has some great character. Lots of stories there I bet.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I vote BOTH!!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

mr meat wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:04 pm
Harvest for your dining and slab for living room
I second that! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
grouse

Post by grouse »

I wouldn't part with either table, especially the walnut one. Which table do those metal legs go with? They are sturdy and functional, but wouldn't some matching wood legs look better?
axiom
350 SE
janesy

Post by janesy »

grouse wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:18 am
I wouldn't part with either table, especially the walnut one. Which table do those metal legs go with? They are sturdy and functional, but wouldn't some matching wood legs look better?
Metal legs are for the slab. I was going to do a nice X pattern leg out if hemlock or something. But all my wood tools are in storage. Plus metal is in right now, they will be acid dipped and painted black.

The harvest table has nice turned wood legs, it's winning the race so far
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:55 pm
grouse wrote:
Metal legs are for the slab. I was going to do a nice X pattern leg out if hemlock or something. But all my wood tools are in storage. Plus metal is in right now, they will be acid dipped and painted black.

That slab would be bad to the bone refinished! If ya didn't live on the other side of the world, I'd take that slab off your hands since it's sooo ugly!! :eusa-whistle: :lol:

And with the metal legs for sure!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:28 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:55 pm
grouse wrote:

That slab would be bad to the bone refinished! If ya didn't live on the other side of the world, I'd take that slab off your hands since it's sooo ugly!! :eusa-whistle: :lol:

And with the metal legs for sure!
Ya it is actually is kinda fugly at the moment, but I've got some black epoxy to fill the cracks and crystal epoxy to pour the top. I think it's going to make a super cool coffee table. If not it'll make a super cool increase to my build budget🤣🤣
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme