OT: Moose Hunt Giveaway!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

OT: Moose Hunt Giveaway!

Post by IronNoggin »

https://moosehuntgiveaway.com?sre=9EODG7ukXrGLm

MOOSE HUNT GIVEAWAY

Gunwerks, KUIU, Vortex Optics, Really Right Stuff, and TrophyProfile have teamed up with Greg McHale's Wild Yukon to give away a Moose hunt in the Yukon with Yukon Stone Outfitters. The winner will receive a guided and filmed moose hunt with Yukon Stone Outfitters in September 2023, along with a full KUIU gear package, a custom Gunwerks Rifle system, a Vortex Optics package, and a hunting tripod setup from Really Right Stuff.
Enter now! The giveaway closes on July 27, 2022.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Normous

Re: OT: Moose Hunt Giveaway!

Post by Normous »

Entered. :thumbup:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Sounds good, but they stressed their “physical condition of hunter” thing too much for me to enter. This basically eliminates me because of my bad hip. Are they so bent on having a 100% healthy person win this hunt that they are discriminating against some of us that aren’t as in good a condition that they don’t want us to enter? Why can’t they “adapt” their “hunt” to accommodate someone who is less than perfect, health-wise.
I suppose it’s about “optics” because they are filming the hunt…heaven forbid some old guy is limping around the logging roads and holding the guides back. ☹️
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Hillcountry wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:28 am
Sounds good, but they stressed their “physical condition of hunter” thing too much for me to enter. This basically eliminates me because of my bad hip. Are they so bent on having a 100% healthy person win this hunt that they are discriminating against some of us that aren’t as in good a condition that they don’t want us to enter? Why can’t they “adapt” their “hunt” to accommodate someone who is less than perfect, health-wise.
I suppose it’s about “optics” because they are filming the hunt…heaven forbid some old guy is limping around the logging roads and holding the guides back. ☹️
:lol: :lol: :clap:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I'm in the draw! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:23 am
I'm in the draw just need to work on my cardio again! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Hillcountry wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:28 am
"Winner must be physically capable of participating in a moose hunt in extreme environmental and physical conditions for extended periods. The evaluation of a winner’s physical capability will be completed in a manner by the Sponsor in its sole discretion
Prize winner will maintain their own trip insurance and hold the Sponsor faultless as per the contract and waiver of liability."

Here's the area they Guide.
http://www.yukonstone.com/guide_area/

I don't think it is discrimination for a company who operates in a very mountainous region to suggest that you must be able to hunt the terrain. That fact is that if for whatever reason you can't cross mountains on foot, you shouldn't go there, hard stop. That has nothing to do with the company or its business. Hell, they probably turn away paying customers because it cost a lot of money to airlift someone off a mountain interior dead or otherwise.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

In 1989 I did a Yukon sheep hunt. We travelled on horseback. I prepared for the hunt by running, and I could keep up with guides when we went on foot. I didn’t prepare for the horseback riding. I didn’t have access to a horse so I could toughen up my leg, groin, butt, and back muscles.

I didn’t have a lot of love for horses to start with. Now I hate them.

I should have done some prepping for riding. It would have helped if I had taken the seat off my bike and rode it a couple of months just sitting on the frame.

It would be wonderful if the only qualification for the winner was the ambition to hunt. Things are really rugged in remote hunting situations. That’s apparently the type of hunt offered…for free.

If people of a lower fitness level (like me now), qualified to win, it would simply have to be a different kind of hunt offered.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I cannot emphasize enough how important physical conditioning is for the hunt and more importantly the demand a Yukon or Alaskan adventure may have on ones body. Don't expect any body to carry your out of shape ass in the mountains.

I have an offer hunt New Zealand this summer including the high mountain areas where Tahr roam amongst other higher ground game species found in NZ. The man who invited me is second in Command to New Zealand's Department of Defense, a very high ranking position and one fit individual who trained mountain climbing as a youth with Sir Hillary Scott .

He told me to get my ass in gear and not show up without full body conditioning without candy coating it.

To prepare I for this intense hunt which will involve mountain backpacking in and out , my daily regimen includes:

- 40 min brisk walking no mater what weather.
- Stair climber at gym 3x to 4x week 30 to 40 minutes.
- Work out 5x /wk one body part per day.
- remove alcohol and eat a cleaner diet.

So far so good, I feel great.

Here is a photo of me at 50 years and my wish is to be in similar shape at 60. Sideways photo,
Img Box always fights me posting sideways photos.

Matrix 355
Boo Strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

KeRist Norm, I had no idea you are that RIPPED!
Remind me not to tick you off!! :wtf:

Hunted those areas, and similar in BC & Alberta.
They are extreme hunts, and you must be in the best shape you have ever been to even contemplate going.
If I managed to win (long odds I know) I'd be working out as of yesterday!!

Cheers & Good Luck!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
janesy

Post by janesy »

I didn't mean for that comment above to be anything more than conversation, no disrespect was meant.

For instance last August I suffered a debilitating injury from tightening up a boot strap too tight :shock: and it will be Jan 2023 before it's cleared, if it actually heals back the way it was. Otherwise it'll be life long.
I was not physically able to hunt all fall, but I did climb twice to watch a good couple bear hunts and ipaid for that for weeks.

So in December I bought myself a C2 rower and now I'm some of the best shape of my life, and I'm back to be cardio I was back when I was working out before COVID. That's just for Temagami !! But you don't have to go to the mountains to find dangerous terrain. Temagami handed my ass to me on a plater August 9th LOL.
Planning to be physically capable when possible for hunt is part of the game.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

janesy wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:22 pm
I didn't mean for that comment above to be anything more than conversation, no disrespect was meant.
And none was taken whatsoever!
Best of Luck getting back into Fight Shape! :thumbup:
Working on that myself these days.
Knocked 16 pounds of me, and 9 off the dog in 5 weeks!!

Cheers,
Nog
Normous

Post by Normous »

I got your back Nog.
At 6'4" folks don't mind walking into strange places with me as backup.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Normous wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:16 pm
I got your back Nog.
I don't care what the game, I'm on his side! :lol: :lol:
That solid, and 6'4" tall should get you into some places!
Cheers Gents. Good luck on the draw!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:24 pm
Normous wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:16 pm
I got your back Nog.
I don't care what the game, I'm on his side! :lol: :lol:
That solid, and 6'4" tall should get you into some places!
Cheers Gents. Good luck on the draw!
Norm trims all the tall branches.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme