6 Pack going to Texas

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Re: 6 Pack going to Texas

Post by Hester0305 »

Great looking arrows Norm those will get the job done.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

galamb wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:34 pm
I even go a step further than Norm and build all my "front heavy, going to shoot fixed broadhead" arrows with 4" Norway Duravanes.

I don't build with the carbon inserts instead all my added weight is up front.
Using words like " a step further than Norm" using 4" vanes" and adding more weight up front does not exactly make them better.

Using an inner carbon wall reduces torque induced gyroscopic precession which increases front end arrow reinforcement and stiffening. An inner carbon tube will add greater strength and faster arrow recovery straightness buy absorbing harmonic dampening and arrow flex. Double carbon wall arrows stop flexing sooner and starts flying faster sooner than an arrow with ALL WEIGHT forward.

Therefore, using a shorter vane such as the noted 3.15 " VT Swift HD will perform equally if not better than a longer vane like the 4" using a stiff shaft and inner carbon tubes.

My goal building this arrow is the reduce the potential arrow breakage caused by the large shoulder/leg swiping back and also to improve arrow flight characteristics at the same time.

The options using SS inserts covers all the bases having 92, 110, 125, 150, 175 and 200 gr in stock.
A 400 gr SS insert option is also available.
When it comes down to a once in a lifetime hunt and using brass insert which has the ability to crack and deform is not even close to using a quality SS insert component.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Well, today Norm's Super Spankers arrived!! :lol:
And yes, they look as good in person as in the pictures.

I'm sure folks wondered about the color of the vanes, but rest assured, I chose those colors!
Purple is the favorite color of "The Boss". So I had Norm use that in her honor. She has now been cancer free for 2 years. :thumbup:

The yellow, well it just goes with the arrows.

This is the bow they'll be shot from. Matches the custom Boo String too!! :wink:

Once more, Thanks again Norman!! I can't wait to fling these at something!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Too nice to use! Lol

Good luck with the hunt!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Carnivorous wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:11 am
Too nice to use! Lol

Norm said y'all were going to head out to set up things for the Spring Bear hunt, but you guys have a travel advisory today due to snow. :wtf:

It's in the low 70's here!! :lol: I'm headed off to get the bush hog out and mow one of the places we hunt. Looks like we might get some rain, but I don't think I'll see any snow!! :lol: :eusa-naughty: :lol:

You guys be careful up there!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Carnivorous wrote:
Too nice to use! Lol

X2!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:27 am
Carnivorous wrote:
Too nice to use! Lol

Norm said y'all were going to head out to set up things for the Spring Bear hunt, but you guys have a travel advisory today due to snow. :wtf:

It's in the low 70's here!! :lol: I'm headed off to get the bush hog out and mow one of the places we hunt. Looks like we might get some rain, but I don't think I'll see any snow!! :lol: :eusa-naughty: :lol:

You guys be careful up there!! :thumbup:
I have not confirmed this for 2022. But typically on Lake Temagami there is still 48" of ice on May 1st. And ice out has been May 18/19 for the past 5 or 6 years.

But safe to say right now the roads will be not passable by truck and most certainly 3-4 feet in the bush still.

However, last year, the snow was gone 3 weeks early and it caused all kinds of havoc for the fish and wildlife up there . Not so much havoc for the guys walking into the bush tho, it was nice.
The last snow on my property left 2 weeks ago. But we did have snow this morning, just didn't stay long.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Since I posted that an hour ago, my lawn and vehicles are completely snow covered. 😒

This is me officially throwing in the towel.🏳️
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:32 pm
Since I posted that an hour ago, my lawn and vehicles are completely snow covered. 😒

This is me officially throwing in the towel.🏳️
We have a saying in Texas, "Only 2 kinds of people predict weather in Texas. Fools and newcomers!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

You actually have my deepest sympathies. I'm sunburnt from mowing all day!! :eusa-dance: :lol: :wave: :eusa-doh: :mrgreen: