Fletching Jigs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Fletching Jigs

Post by jody5252 »

Greetings. Time for a new Jig. Which is the best Jig for cross bow arrows? 16-20 inch arrows, using 2-3 inch vanes. Right offset 2* is enough for shots out to 50 yds., max... Bitz? Works good, but I have a hard time using it... Last chance Archery? (If only) At $350/$400 :wtf: :shock: Highly doubtful, that I will be buying this one. Even though it is a "very good Jig" EZ fletch, Bohning tower, et., jigs seem to take all the fun out of it... What I am looking for is something easy to set up, and adjust. Not difficult to clean, Durable, reliable, and budget friendly.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
papabear1

Re: Fletching Jigs

Post by papabear1 »

Stay bored , use the E Z Fletch. :D

Dave :eusa-dance:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

papabear1 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:39 pm

The larger version that puts the vanes on at an offset are what you might want if you want to go with longer vanes. I use both, and put the glue while holding the vane in my fingers, then I insert it into the jig slot. This helps keep things clean, and gives you the opportunity to seat the vane before closing the arms. If you get good with one, and keep it from jumping when you close the arms, your arrows come out nearly perfect every time. If you want to do boring, buy the shrink on vanes. :roll: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

The Firenock Aero Fletcher checks all the boxes for me but the price may not be for you.

I cried once and bought the best. Not one regret with this Fletcher the way I see it.

The Aero fletcher with base is so purrrrdy looking it deserves to be a mantle center piece on display. Fit, finish and quality is A1.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Normous wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:51 pm
The Firenock Aero Fletcher checks all the boxes for me but the price may not be for you.

I cried once and bought the best. Not one regret with this Fletcher the way I see it.

The Aero fletcher with base is so purrrrdy looking it deserves to be a mantle center piece on display. Fit, finish and quality is A1.
Schweeeet! The Cadillac of Jigs. :thumbup: I would like to get this one, or the one last chance Archery has. (which is a similar type of Jig) I have the means, but geeesh. A lot of coin, for a Jig... Is this the Enthusiast set? Seen one for $375 Is that about what they usually go for?
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

If it where me I would stick with the blitz yes they are a little tricky to get use to but you can do it . You can fletch anytime arrow you want with it . I have mine for over 50 years and still use it .
Normous

Post by Normous »

You are correct jody5252 , my photo depicts the Firenock jig Enthusiast set , to date I have never seen one for sale used , but I was looking for one before I bought the set.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Normous wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:51 pm

There is some REALLY NICE machine work on those isn’t there . Just gorgeous!
flightattendant100

Hey, Norm.
I know you are a rifle shooter too. Google Pappas Rimfire Products. They make rifle rests. They are as over the top as the fletching jig. Awesome rests! I used to work for Pappas
Normous

Post by Normous »

Paul, I have seen those rests, the best of the best. 8)
I might add that I shot .22 competitively as a junior from ages 9 to 13 mostly prone target indoor.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
flightattendant100

Normous wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:25 am
Paul, I have seen those rests, the best of the best. 8)
I might add that I shot .22 competitively as a junior from ages 9 to 13 mostly prone target indoor.
Norm, I worked for Pappas for about 12 years. He had a cabinet shop, snd shot as a hobby. Started building those rests. He passed away but his daughter is still making them.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I used a Grayling jig during my vertical compound bow days. It is not expensive but it works. Does it work as well as the Firenock or Lastchance? No, but if you're being frugal, you know you have to give something up right?
The Goat Tuff works too and If I had to choose, I'd likely use the Goat Tuff because while it isn't as flexible, it is more repeatable. The Problem with the Bitz and it's variants is that there are no precise positions for the offset. The Goat Tough is a well thought out inexpensive fletching tool.
https://lancasterarchery.com/products/grayling-fletching-jig
https://lancasterarchery.com/products/goat-tuff-crossbow-fletching-jig
Dan mentioned the shrink type vanes. They are a very good option!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Boo wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:56 am
I used a Grayling jig during my vertical compound bow days. It is not expensive but it works. Does it work as well as the Firenock or Lastchance? No, but if you're being frugal, you know you have to give something up right?
The Goat Tuff works too and If I had to choose, I'd likely use the Goat Tuff because while it isn't as flexible, it is more repeatable. The Problem with the Bitz and it's variants is that there are no precise positions for the offset. The Goat Tough is a well thought out inexpensive fletching tool.
https://lancasterarchery.com/products/grayling-fletching-jig
https://lancasterarchery.com/products/goat-tuff-crossbow-fletching-jig
Dan mentioned the shrink type vanes. They are a very good option!
Don, I just watched the video on the GoatTuff fletcher . That looks really nice. Cool idea
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

papabear1 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:39 pm

Arizona EZ Fletch for me.
For hunting at the distances you mentioned I find the the EZ Fletch quite adequate.
I use blazers with a helical fletcher and I like the results.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.