elkaholic

300 gr. Broadhead

Post by elkaholic »

https://youtu.be/WB2DwrTdZD4

Check out this beast and how it tested.
OhioXBowhunter

Re: 300 gr. Broadhead

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

High quality head by the testing looks very durable. I wouldn’t mind trying it out of the 440.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Ouch! I have a hard time paying more than $30/US for a 3-pack of broadheads (volume shooter), but obviously these would be an exception to the rule.

How much spine would an arrow need to push those? Screw those on a Proflight and you'd have a 550gr projectile. But would a Proflight be stiff enough?

Proof that you don't have to shoot a mechanical head to have a large cut. :lol:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

DuckHunt wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:43 pm
Ouch! I have a hard time paying more than $30/US for a 3-pack of broadheads (volume shooter), but obviously these would be an exception to the rule.

How much spine would an arrow need to push those? Screw those on a Proflight and you'd have a 550gr projectile. But would a Proflight be stiff enough?

Proof that you don't have to shoot a mechanical head to have a large cut. :lol:
Proflights are made by Black Eagle. I would think you'd have no issue on an Executioner or Zombie. Either are very stiff. But you'd still be 50gr short of the goal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I kid, I kid)
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

That is a massive 3 blade broadhead to be sure! That point is really going to help create large holes! I'm betting that the Proflights or the Executioners will do well with them. But, they are more than I would pay for a broadhead.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

OK, I watched the video finally. I'm not sold on it either. He was shooting an 800gr arrow and the penetration was not stellar. My thought is because of the steep angle of attack of the blades. If they swept back more it would do better. It held up well through the steel but the tip took damage.... Into the concrete...the tip is all that hit the concrete so you can't really say what the blades would do. But they went through the steel, so. At $70.00USD/3 it's on the high side. You can get some VPA 3 blade, 300gr 1 1/2" cut broadheads made of 1 piece of high carbon steel hardened to 50 Rockwell for the same money.....and those would probably last you forever.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
galamb

Post by galamb »

Anyone that is considering any new head should check out some of the video's this "Lusk" posts up on Youtube - he has tested probably close to 100 heads, uses the same method for each. Not that I want to shoot sheet metal or cinder blocks but nice to know if you have chucked some serious dollars for a head it won't self destruct if you get a pass through and hit a rock.

I don't mind spending money on broadheads - I dropped $106 USD on 3 Iron Wills which will become my new moose heads.

Some might balk at the price but I only get to hunt moose every two or three years. I will drive for two days each way to get there and the 4 full tanks of gas that will be gone in those 4 days run $160 each and they will each be gone in "hours".

On top of that we will spend close to a grand on a cabin, who knows how many extra hundred here or there for other "stuff" so the $106 for broadheads who will make "many trips" with nothing more then a touch up, unless I lose them, seem like not only the cheapest part but also the only durable that I will have left some 2 grand later.

It's all perspective....
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

galamb wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:05 pm
Anyone that is considering any new head should check out some of the video's this "Lusk" posts up on Youtube - he has tested probably close to 100 heads, uses the same method for each. Not that I want to shoot sheet metal or cinder blocks but nice to know if you have chucked some serious dollars for a head it won't self destruct if you get a pass through and hit a rock.

I don't mind spending money on broadheads - I dropped $106 USD on 3 Iron Wills which will become my new moose heads.

Some might balk at the price but I only get to hunt moose every two or three years. I will drive for two days each way to get there and the 4 full tanks of gas that will be gone in those 4 days run $160 each and they will each be gone in "hours".

On top of that we will spend close to a grand on a cabin, who knows how many extra hundred here or there for other "stuff" so the $106 for broadheads who will make "many trips" with nothing more then a touch up, unless I lose them, seem like not only the cheapest part but also the only durable that I will have left some 2 grand later.

It's all perspective....
I think like you do. High quality head that is basically indestructible. Another thing you will find with a head like this made of a high quality steel is that you can get them really really ....really sharp.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><