La youth hunters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

La youth hunters

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Just found out my state of Louisiana is requiring anyone under the age of 18 has to purchase a license to hunt deer or turkey. This does any apply to a fishing license. Now the cost is only $5.00 at this present time. I don't have a problem with this if the money goes to some good projects but I think the last time they raised the license price was because they blew the budget and would have to close some areas due to no funds. Any other states out there that have you pay for youth hunters? I'll pay it every year, I just hope it does not go up every year.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
Deaf jeff

Re: La youth hunters

Post by Deaf jeff »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:42 am
Just found out my state of Louisiana is requiring anyone under the age of 18 has to purchase a license to hunt deer or turkey. This does any apply to a fishing license. Now the cost is only $5.00 at this present time. I don't have a problem with this if the money goes to some good projects but I think the last time they raised the license price was because they blew the budget and would have to close some areas due to no funds. Any other states out there that have you pay for youth hunters? I'll pay it every year, I just hope it does not go up every year.
if memory serves me the only thing in michigan that does not require a purchase of a tag/license is fishing for those that are 16 and under. everything that is hunted needs to have a tag purchased no matter the age of the hunter, some tags are reduced cost but none are freebies to my knowledge
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Growing up in PA you could start hunting at 12yr old after you did a hunter safety course. And you had to pay for licenses albeit they were cheaper
Then in OH it was the same deal. License was cheaper but deer tags cost the same.
NC also requires a license for youth

In fact I've not heard of a state having no license required for youth....especially up to age 18
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

In Texas, if I also remember correctly, a person under 18 must have a valid Texas Hunting license and have a Hunter Education course certificate.
Cost of the license is $7. And I think, not sure, it's an additional $5 for a fishing license.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

In Maine hunters under 16yrs old must purchase a youth license for $7. The minimum age to hunt has been removed. They fish for free til they turn 16.

I have one youth hunter left. She's gearing up for spring turkey as we speak. Counting down the days!

Take care and be well
Hatchet
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

To play you need to pay plus tax! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Youth hunters in Indiana are until the age of 18, and cost is discounted significantly. There are also some tagging of doe, and special hunts for the youth season. It’s worth it here really and you must take the hunter safety course successfully to purchase any hunting license.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:52 am
Youth hunters in Indiana are until the age of 18, and cost is discounted significantly. There are also some tagging of doe, and special hunts for the youth season. It’s worth it here really and you must take the hunter safety course successfully to purchase any hunting license.
Dan the Hunter's Ed has been mandatory in Texas since 1988. It's retroactive back to September 2, 1971.
If you are born after the 1971 date you MUST have the Hunter's Ed. Cost is $15. Paid to the Instructor.

TPWD also has several types of Draw and Youth ONLY hunts available to hunters under the age of 18.
These hunters however must be accompanied by a licensed hunter 18 or older.

Note: Your Kiddo DOES NOT need the Hunter's Ed course if he/she is under 9 yoa.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Not sure when it became mandatory here but I think it was in the early 90’s. I know there is an age limit when they must take the course and think is similar to Texas. It’s a good thing here but there are still a few folks that probably need to take it a few more times!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

az $5
10yrs old
pass a hunters safety course