Anybody tried to buy an outboard lately

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Anybody tried to buy an outboard lately

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/v1Vk2QBb]Image
Finally took delivery of my new 20 hp mercury short shaft tiller.
I have been a big fan of the honda for years but getting a honda or second choice yamaha has been impossible l have a honda on order for a year already no hope so a friend pulled some strings and a mercury actually a( tohatsu ) was available .
It's actually very nice ....not as smooth as my honda but has other cool features my tuffy was under powered with the 9.9 and now we got a real screamer it ran 33 mph today on the little boat only 3/4 throttle
I assume the pandemic just made them in short supply but even getting one on line is tough anyway I'm glad to get what l got and the 3 year warranty is comforting.
My dealer says he may not receive any more till next year.....yikes
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Carnivorous

Re: Anybody tried to buy an outboard lately

Post by Carnivorous »

Nice!

I bought my boat brand new in 2006 for $16,000.00 out the door. Today it would cost $40,000.00 for the same boat! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I ordered a diesel zero turn last summer, it won't be here until maybe Sept :shock: It sucks but no big deal in the end.
Japan has been particularly hit hard by COVID for a year now, mostly because they have a very low vaccination rate. Most of you don't know it but every other serving is well below what Angel Majesty does and we almost ran out here in North America. If memory serves, it arrived a week before we ran out and that was after I sent 6 big spools down to Danny to help him out.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:25 am
Nice!

I bought my boat brand new in 2006 for $16,000.00 out the door. Today it would cost $40,000.00 for the same boat! Lol
Sell it, I did!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have had two offers on my boat that is NOT for sale! :eusa-naughty:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I bought a Yamaha F25 short shaft about a year ago. I was looking for months before I found one. Many of the places I checked had waiting lists for the outboards they had on order. If you wanted one, you had to get in line and order it.

It doesn't exactly create an environment where you can find a good deal on a new outboard.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
artifact

Post by artifact »

You should be able to find a Evinrude e-tech somewhat reasonable, seems like nobody wants them! :shock:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Nothing like fuel injection it takes very little effort to pull start a 20 or even 30 horse modern outboard along with a compression release.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.