OT: Reintroducing Canada's Long Gun Registry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: OT: Reintroducing Canada's Long Gun Registry

Post by IronNoggin »

BREAKING: Trudeau slips up, says he is 'banning' firearms in Canada

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had a slip of the tongue during a press conference in Toronto while discussing firearms in Canada.

The prime minister said that he is working on "freezing" the market for firearms in Canada, without making the distinction between handguns and shotguns and rifles. He also said, perhaps on accident, that his government would be "banning" all firearms.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-trudeau-slips-up-says-he-is-banning-firearms-in-canada
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Letters to the editor: Hoping Canadians 'will see through the veil of dishonesty'

Liberal government is ‘a costly disservice to Canadians’

Re: The morally bankrupting influence of the Liberal party, Carson Jerema, June 29

For 28 years I was a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. For the majority of my career I specialized in weapons investigations, in particular firearms intelligence. With my retirement, I am finally able to speak out against those who were allegedly my superiors.

The Liberal government, under Justin Trudeau, Bill Blair, and now Marco Mendicino has been little but a costly disservice to morally grounded, hard-working Canadians. It is strange having spent 56 years investing in this country, maintaining the right, to now desire a place, other than Canada, to spend the remainder of my life. A place where those in public service aspire to be models of responsibility, ethical values, self confidence and empowerment; a place where individual liberty and private property rights are respected by those in positions of authority; a place where we support our communities and private business. These features do not describe Canada today.

My career as a “peace officer” (I prefer this term) involved a daily risk to my personal health and safety, as well as to that of my family. I have sacrificed alongside our military veterans and emergency services. I no longer have much energy to take up a fight for human rights but still maintain hope that Canadians will eventually see through the veil of dishonesty that some politicians wear in public, more often than not, under the eager eyes of a unquestioning and supportive media.

Tyrannical is a good way to describe the Liberal, NDP and sometimes RCMP focus on firearms owners. The firearms the current government is trying to prohibit are not “… designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time.” If this fear-mongering, self-serving political commentary was correct, then Canadians should be very concerned because their law enforcement agencies are acquiring these devices at the most rapid rate in Canadian history. Considering this fact, coupled with poor ethical decision making, I guess it’s easy to add hypocrisy to the list of characteristics Canadians tolerate from their political representatives. It appears the majority of us are willing to endorse candidates who wouldn’t meet current firearms licensing requirements; the standards expected of emergency services personnel; or the qualities expected for employment within private industry.

It’s time for a change.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor-hoping-canadians-will-see-through-the-veil-of-dishonesty
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Kinda refreshing to hear that opinion from a retired RCMP officer.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

For the upcoming election of a new leader of the Conservative Party of Canada, the Canadian Shooting Sports Association (CSSA) in partnership with our friends at the National Firearms Association and the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association, created a simple questionnaire regarding the firearms policies of the leadership hopefuls. While the questionnaire results were originally intended to remain internal, the return of M.P. Pierre Poilievre was intended by him to be published and it is with the permission of Mr. Poilievre and our co-participants that we are publishing it in its entirety.

I want to address the firearms issue because gun owners deserve clear answers on where I stand. My position on firearms has not changed one iota since I was elected to Parliament back in 2004.

I think that's important because politicians will often tell you what you want to hear right before they seek your vote. You shouldn't believe them unless it's consistent with what you've seen from them in the past. I want to reiterate where I stood, where I stand and where I will stand after this leadership race is over.

In every vote and in the 70 statements I've made in Parliament on firearms issues, I've said the same thing. I support law abiding firearms owners. At the same time, I believe in much tougher sentences for those who harm other people with firearms.

That is my stance.

I was a part of the Stephen Harper Conservative government that abolished the Liberal long gun registry. I voted in favour of the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act. I voted against Bill C-71 and other Liberal attacks on lawful hunters and sport shooters.

Liberals like Justin Trudeau and Jean Charest are not interested in protecting the public. They are interested in spreading fear based on what people have seen in movies and what they see on American television. They spend fortunes targeting law-abiding firearms owners, while they simultaneously reduce penalties on the criminals that cause harm on our streets. What Trudeau is doing, by spending billions, to target lawful, law-abiding, vetted, trained, and tested firearms owners will not lead to a single criminal turning over their guns.

Classification decisions by this government have been arbitrary. They have been unpredictable and they've not been based on what a gun does, but on how it looks. This is made for Hollywood show business, not public safety. And the irony is that while they have brought in these new measures, they have simultaneously introduced new laws to reduce penalties on those who commit crimes. This is their horrible record. They have reduced penalties for gun smuggling, for extortion with a firearm, and for discharging a firearm with the intent to do bodily harm. Aren’t those exactly the types of crimes that we should be severely punishing rather than going after the people who follow the law?

https://web-extract.constantcontact.com/v1/social_annotation_v2?permalink_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fconta.cc%2F3ONuz9i&image_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmlsvc01-prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ff1ccb3fd501%2Fa3e319f9-10b0-421b-b21d-395ea9118ea4.jpg&fbclid=IwAR1ghlv8_pVC5s-nE6YKvwov1BtIXlumgL8qfAqxy3K19EyI5VJMW4UTWtc
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Long-gun magazine restrictions expected

The federal government says it will bring forward further restrictions on long-gun magazines that could impact many hunting firearms, although they are not included in the reintroduced Bill C-21.

The original Bill C-21 introduced in 2021 ordered a buyback of what the government calls “assault style rifles” and made it a criminal offence to increase any magazine’s capacity beyond what is currently lawful. That bill was reintroduced this past May in the wake of a US school shooting with, among other things, the federal government adding a freeze on handgun sales.

This was accompanied by signalling from Public Safety Canada that “the permanent alteration of long-gun magazines so that they can never hold more than five rounds and prohibit the sale and transfer of magazines capable of holding more than the legal number of bullets” is coming.

Previous magazine capacity restrictions only applied to centrefire semi-automatics.

Hunters affected

“This bill is yet another example of the federal government missing the mark when creating new firearms legislation,” Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) Senior Advisor, Community and Partner Relations, Brian McRae, said. “More legislation that targets legal firearms owners does absolutely nothing to address the core issues around crime and the real problems that lead to gun violence in Canada. This legislation will have no effect whatsoever on crime in this country. The wrong people are once again getting caught up in this.”

He is especially concerned regarding the impacts on hunters. “You’re seeing coast-to-coast mainstream media headings about how the proposal focuses on the buying, selling, and transferring of handguns, but if you dig a little deeper, you’ll find many other aspects and measures within the bill that have other implications which are worrisome for our membership and the greater firearms community,” McRae said.

His fear is that the magazine restrictions could come soon through regulations that may not come before Parliament.

“With this bill comes a very strong signal from government, that additional regulations will be coming, and probably sooner than later,” McRae said. “The government has indicated their intention to implement measures that will severely impact long guns with a requirement to permanently alter all long-gun mags so that they can never again hold more than five rounds. This would have massive implications for the hunting and recreational shooting community.”

For instance, the minimum magazine capacity of a current Winchester Model 94 lever action .30- 30 is six, and most models hold seven cartridges. Most .22 rimfire guns of all actions also hold more than five.

https://oodmag.com/long-gun-magazine-restrictions-expected/
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

The Canadian Taxpayers Association was quietly informed that the Trudeau government is fighting to block their intervener status in an upcoming related court case:

It took two years for the federal government to respond to our original court filing and argue our “motions to intervene should be dismissed.”

They of course are fighting back.

They have also released a a guide called The Truth Behind Justin Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buyback. You can get a free copy by clicking this LINK:

https://www.taxpayer.com/-/The_Truth_Behind_Trudeaus_Gun_Ban_and_Buyback

Cheers
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

The New Gun Bill - Everything You Need To Know

However, in terms of broad, reaching legislation, the last component the new Bill C-21 includes is a reference to future regulations coming in the future to limit all long gun magazines so that they can never hold more than five rounds, and prohibiting the sale and transfer of all magazines capable of holding more than the legal number of bullets. When asked to clarify if that would be restricted to semi-automatic firearms, with the example given that the Lee Enfield holds 10-rounds, senior government officials stipulated that the government is currently looking to limit all long gun magazines regardless of action or calibre.

https://calibremag.ca/the-new-gun-bill-everything-you-need-to-know/

LUDICROUS!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

It’s Not Just Assault Rifles

In the two years since the introduction of Bill C-71, our world has changed significantly. We have been confronted by a seemingly endless stream of challenge and change in our lives. The Coronavirus pandemic, war in Europe, skyrocketing inflation and a reeling global economy are just a few of the highlights from the last 24 months.

In the wake of these events, you might expect our government would focus their energy and effort on things like economic recovery or perhaps how to improve health care delivery, but instead, after much consideration, they determined the biggest issue confronting Canadians right now must be handgun and other misguided legislation.

There is a myriad of legislative and regulatory issues in our country that need immediate and immersive attention, but firearms/handgun legislation is about 267th on that list, and I am pretty sure we haven’t finished dealing with the first 266, but I’m a team player so let’s look at what’s on the table...

https://www.bcoutdoorsmagazine.com/its-not-just-assault-rifles/
lituani

Post by lituani »

We're having our own challenges in the States, and it is troublesome watching the fight Canadians must wage for a fundamental right of self protection. Government overreach is about incrementalism, so we must remain more resolute than the bureaucrats.
IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:03 pm
The Canadian Taxpayers Association was quietly informed that the Trudeau government is fighting to block their intervener status in an upcoming related court case
After the trucker strike, makes one wonder whether Trudeau will execute similar strategy for anyone supporting gun ownership and start cancelling them. The U.S. government already does that behind the scenes by strongly "discouraging" banks & financial institutions from providing financial services to legally operating gun manufacturers.

Thank God for the genius of America's founding fathers 250 years ago to put 2nd Amendment in writing guaranteeing our God-given rights! Vigilance & protection of fundamental rights is not optional.