Ridiculous accuracy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Ridiculous accuracy

Post by DuckHunt »

With the impending weather system coming in a couple hours, I decided to take out my new target bow and toss a few arrows at 40 yards before the rain starts.

While todays subject might look like a Gatorade bottle cap being held up by a roofing tack, the bottle cap is just a highlighter. The roofing tack is the real target.

I took a couple shots at a larger dot, then made a final two click adjustment to the scope. I guess I should have tapped on the scope to let the crosshairs settle, because the first shot was just outside the cap. Maybe I pulled it. But the 2nd shot, bullseye.

Just to prove it wasn't a fluke, I grabbed another roofing tack and positioned the same bottle cap in a different spot with the new tack. Loaded up the same arrow and...

While I was planning to shoot quite a few more arrows, I decided to call it day. It starts to take the suspense out of it when you've hit roofing tacks at 40y on back to back shots. This target bow is a keeper.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
xcaliber

Re: Ridiculous accuracy

Post by xcaliber »

Nice, what might the target bow be?
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

xcaliber wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:05 pm
X2

Dave :eusa-think:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Okay...what's the bow??

I see the Michael Waddell arrows!! :wtf: Or maybe I'm reading that wrong!! :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

xcaliber wrote:
Since my daughter took my Micro 335 off my hands, I've resumed ownership of my original Exomax. It has been collecting a lot of dust over the last few years and I decided it would be a great platform for some target shooting.
The original scope wasn't much for distance shooting, so I topped it with a Mueller 6-18x44 AO. The 18x helps a lot with small targets at 40 yards. Since I'm just target shooting with it, I have it dialed in at 40 yards.

Yes, those are cheap Bone Collector 20" carbon arrows with halfmoon nocks from Wal-Mart. They have a brass insert. I've heard that they are made by Victory Archery, but I'm not sure. I bought eight of them and picked out the most consistent four. I got a good deal on some of the Mossy Oak camo bolts with brass inserts as well, but they don't fly as well. I plan to refletch these with helical Blazers, but they shoot pretty good as is.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

DuckHunt wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 5:20 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Since my daughter took my Micro 335 off my hands, I've resumed ownership of my original Exomax. It has been collecting a lot of dust over the last few years and I decided it would be a great platform for some target shooting.
The original scope wasn't much for distance shooting, so I topped it with a Mueller 6-18x44 AO. The 18x helps a lot with small targets at 40 yards. Since I'm just target shooting with it, I have it dialed in at 40 yards.

Yes, those are cheap Bone Collector 20" carbon arrows with halfmoon nocks from Wal-Mart. They have a brass insert. I've heard that they are made by Victory Archery, but I'm not sure. I bought eight of them and picked out the most consistent four. I got a good deal on some of the Mossy Oak camo bolts with brass inserts as well, but they don't fly as well. I plan to refletch these with helical Blazers, but they shoot pretty good as is.
Looks like a Winner to me!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Very Nice! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Tack driver, that's for sure ! :thumbup:

But now do you have roofing nails buried in your target??
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

janesy wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:44 am
But now do you have roofing nails buried in your target??
Yep, two of them. I guess I should have thought that through a little further. :lol:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

The old long limb bows offered a lot for their day and I was never a tent hunter so I very rarely had issues with limb length being a negative factor hunting , Trying to not bang the walls getting it out of the house is another story :?
That is impressive shooting for any gear .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

gerald strine wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:47 pm
The old long limb bows offered a lot for their day and I was never a tent hunter so I very rarely had issues with limb length being a negative factor hunting , Trying to not bang the walls getting it out of the house is another story :?
That is impressive shooting for any gear .
Never felt they were “ too big in the woods” but you are right about getting it into or out of the house or truck.😂
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Most Excalibur’s are so accurate that they are boring. …. But it’s a good boring!😁😁😁
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Nice shooting and looks like fun.
Long live the long limbers l love em.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.