OT: 38 Years...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

OT: 38 Years...

Post by IronNoggin »

Flown by in the blink of an eye.
Hard to imagine she has put up with me that long!
Certainly doesn't seem like 38 years at all!

I chose most wisely it would seem!

Still love her as much as the day we were married!

Cheers,
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
AJ01

Re: OT: 38 Years...

Post by AJ01 »

Congratulations to Both of you!! :thumbup:

Enduring marriages area thing of the past it seems. I know a bunch of us on this Forum have spent more than a decade or two with our spouses. Don't know if it's 'cause we knew how to pick 'em, or they are just really tolerant folks!! :lol: :wink: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
artifact

Post by artifact »

Could it be because she likes your cooking! :lol:
Congrats on 38 years of being happily married!! :thumbup:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats to you two, it ain't easy these days to accomplish that Matt. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Thanks folks. Appreciated.
It was just drawn to my attention (by my ex of all things!) that it is actually 39 years this year. Oops!

A little something I wrote 9 years ago:

While it seems like yesterday, it was actually long ago...

Thirty years in fact to the day that my Wonderful Lady and I strode nervously into a church and stammered out the words that made us Man & Wife!
And while it seems like such short a time ago, the many happenings in our lives since that marvelous day serve to remind us that the time-span is in fact real...

It is tough to find words to describe just how much this Woman has meant to me over that span. Always my Supporting Angel, standing steadfast by my side, through the many ups with a grin, through the occasional down with an understanding smile and shoulder to lean on. I will always wonder what She actually saw in this Wild Man that made her decide that I was "The One", and am Forever Grateful that She did!

From our start in Saskatchewan, through our time in Alberta where She developed into an extremely competent Huntress, northwards to the many years in the Arctic (where she cried upon our arrival - and even worse upon our departure) and finally to Vancouver Island where our wanderings have lead us to today, She has unselfishly given me all any man could ever ask for.

It has certainly been a long and winding path My Girl, but your loving presence made the many obstacles that lay in our way seem but minor hurdles easily overcome. As we continue to wander this path called Life, we face those many miles together and I would not have it any other way! With you by my side, Nothing is insurmountable, Nothing is unobtainable! I sincerely hope I have brought something akin to the Happiness you have brought to my life over our time together!

With the passing of time I have well realized that I LOVE this Lady even more today than I did oh so many years ago...

Happy Anniversary Gal!

I am Right Looking Forward to the next 30!!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

Congratulations Matt! Well done!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Congratulations Matt. Not easy these days! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats to the both of you
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Hard to say which one of you is the luckiest.
Congratulations, not just on longevity, but on quality of the marriage of yours!
I hope you realized by now she is a keeper.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Fazan wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:10 pm
I hope you realized by now she is a keeper.
LOL! Realized that a hell of a long time ago!!

Thanks for the well wishes folks! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Nog
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Good on you and your wife Nog :thumbup:
Hope ya have many more. :thumbup:

Dave :eusa-clap:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Congrats. Well done. May you both be blessed, with 30 more! :clap: :thumbup:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks