Happy Father’s Day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Happy Father’s Day

Post by xcaliber »

A day earned by many, enjoy the day doing the things you love to do! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Re: Happy Father’s Day

Post by AJ01 »

Two years ago right before Father's Day, my Dad passsed away. He was 86 years young! He served in Korea as a navigator on a B-27 Bomber. The plane was on a mission when it was shot down. He and one other crew member survived. After returning home and recuperating from his injuries he became an Ordained Baptist Minister in 1954. He raised me and my 4 sisters. My oldest sister, his first born dies in 2006. We buried my Mom in 2007.

My Dad was a ROCK. He was my Best Man at my wedding. He had 13 grandkids at his passing. As he use to tell me all the time, "My life is full".
He woud give you the last dollar he had in his pocket, or the last piece of food he had to eat. He would literally give you the shirt off his back if you ask. As the old saying goes, "they don't make 'em like that anymore".
He was a much better man than I.

Today we celebrate the lives our Father's lived. Some we will visit with today, other's we will see in our memories.
To ALL the Dad's everywhere, "Happy Father's Day"!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
grouse

Re: Happy Father’s Day

Post by grouse »

My dad died on the 4th of July in 2004 at the age of 84 of emphysema (he had been a heavy smoker before quitting). He only had an 8th grade education but became the general chairman of a railroad union. In WWII he came ashore in Normandy shortly after D-Day and served as an artilleryman until the war's end. Almost impossibly (I've seen the documentation) he won 5 bronze stars and a purple heart. He got me started in hunting and fishing and I couldn't be more grateful.

I think about him a lot more often than on Father's Day, but today a little more than usual.
axiom
350 SE