I don't really see a need.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

I don't really see a need.

Post by BrotherRon »

When I was ready to buy my first crossbow I settled on Excalibur after much online research and joined this forum to get some insight on which crossbow to purchase. After input from several members here, and considering my age and health conditions I settled on the Matrix 310. Since that time I have owned and sold/traded a few others....A poop brown Vixen that I purchased after my hernia surgery and later sold to a disabled couple that wanted to target shoot together. A Matrix 355 which I traded for a Matrix 330 since my back wouldn't allow me to cock it.
(I later sold the M 330 to my brother in-law)
My Matrix 310 has served me well without any issues except one caused by my own lack of attention to detail. It is very easy to cock for a couple hours of target shooting even after my back surgeries, extremely accurate, and very reliable. I have often considered getting another long limb just to have one :lol: Which would probably be Vixen II after talking a friend and his wife to pick up a couple used ones that I helped them locate on ebay and craigslist. The best advise I got here when I was ready to purchase a crossbow was -- speed kills. I know that the limb issues have been dealt with for the most part, but I can't recall seeing any lim issues with the M 310, and a very limited amount with the M 330 since these models don't put much stress on the limbs. I also realize that using heavier arrows also helps with that issue.
(my arrow weight runs between 400 & 426 grains depending on which broadheads I use)
After these past 8 years I have come to realize that the Matrix 310 was the perfect crossbow for me. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
xcaliber

Re: I don't really see a need.

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like you're happy with the 310 Matrix. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Ron I'm glad to see that you're a happy fan!! I too did a lot of looking before buying. Excalibur's are just hard to beat! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I absolutely agree, you don't need anything much over 300 ft/sec and under that works as well. I have a number of much faster bows and while I know I don't need it, nor is the power truly utilized, it's more entertainment for me than practicality.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

My speed bow is a Vortex :wtf:
I really love the 175 pound Ibex and Phoenix!! They are a perfect combination of what I consider important in a bow.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads