Mag Air thoughts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Mag Air thoughts

Post by longbow joe »

I was the one person mouthing off about excalibur making an ultra light bow and they came through with the mag Air.
I'm kinda considering buying one but l recently looked at the specs I'm seeing 4.9 pounds for the bow itself and that's pretty trim.
I just went back and saw that my matrix sapphire is only 5.5 pounds same velocity and ...all metal to boot.
Now I'm wondering why bother about 6 oz.
Old age is setting in and I'm starting to think things out maby? That's half the weight of a can of beer.
Actually I'm going on vacation soon and there is a number of stores where we're going I'm gonna have to hold one in my hands and feel for myself...not making a decision yet.
It's not the bow its the new trigger better scope .....all the things we love to upgrade that cost as much as the crossbow itself. We'll see how weak l am soon. Excalibur crossbows are like puppies ...one you take one in the pen to play your done and its forever home!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Re: Mag Air thoughts

Post by Normous »

Bring cash so your wife doesn't see the CC statement.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Good advice Norm that's why l can't retire all of my "fun money " from quick side jobs would be in jeopardy.
About ten years ago l went out and bought a new harley and l was questioned about not having a inquiry before buying it.
I replied that after trading the other one in it was a payment of 99 dollars a month.
I asked her if maby we should start adding up all the little boxes that l see and bring in from the porch during the week....and she replied that it was a nice color.
After all these years we rarely argue about money especially little "cash purchases " that end up in the garage 😆
I had a fishing buddy that used to heavily tip the ups driver to put any bass pro or cabelas boxes in the shed.(for safekeeping .....)
The government is trying to do away with cash 💸
If that happens our economy will end up way worse than this gas thing ever will be.
Last edited by longbow joe on Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I can't find anything wrong there :thumbup:
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

double post
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

40 years of marriage has taught me this, a little secret is good, and fantasies are even better! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:34 pm
40 years of marriage has taught me this, a little secret is good, and fantasies are even better! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Needs vs wants are torture! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I was able to put my hands on a Mag Air this past Saturday for the first time. While I didn't get to cock or shoot it, the balance and feel of the crossbow is great. To me the Mag 340 is a light bow. You can easily feel the difference going from the Mag 340 to the Mag Air. The Mag Air was very easy to point and would be awesome in tight hunting situations.

One thing I did notice was the scope. I've seen videos showing the Mag Air with the DeadZone scope, and even the website shows it with one. The one I held had a fixed power scope intended to sight in with the crosshairs at 20y, then aim points every five yards out to 40y. It's calibrated for the stock 350gr arrows travelling 305fps, so if you're planning on shooting a heavier payload then a scope change may be in order.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: