New season goals what's yours?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

New season goals what's yours?

Post by longbow joe »

I just bought my new years hunting license tonight as l said before last season was terrible for us here with the blue tounge but to my disbelief and amazement I'm seeing a couple pretty darn big velvet bucks on my cameras so my hope level just went up a bunch of notches.
I might buy a mag air not sure yet and I'm gonna get 2 chipewa wedge loc stands
I might do some hunts upstate in the mountains just for the sanity and peace and quiet even though the deer are basically smaller than the ones here l still enjoy going back to my "roots" for a change it's not always about the rack...never mind l didn't say that 😉 but it's nice to get away lol.
I really don't need any new gear l have dozens of bolts and broadheads too.
I enjoy scouting and preparing stands and shooting practice as much as the hunt the last 5 years now it's just as fun as the hunt
I'm gonna enjoy fishing for a few more weeks and forgeddabout hunting just a little more.
Last edited by longbow joe on Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Re: New season goals what's yours?

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/2VkpFZwt]Image[
These little hybrids have kept me buisy on a light spinning rod this week a lot of fun on light line .l walk in the water up to my knees and cool off from the nasty 90 degree humid days we have been getting.lts been a great night cap!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

1) I am going to take 2 or 3 new hunters out this year. I want to at least put them on deer and it would be great if they all got a deer.
2) I want to kill one with my recurve trad bow. From the ground if possible.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
grouse

Post by grouse »

First of all, I love catching hybrids too. They hit and fight so hard! They're good to eat but harder to clean than crappie or walleye. The thick layer of red fat just under the skin on them tastes terrible and is a little difficult to remove. They're skin is tough and dulls your knife faster than most other fish.

I'm not a trophy hunter and don't have much in the way of goals for the upcoming hunting season. My farm is the only place I've hunted in the last several years and I plan to just hunt when I can and shoot when I get a good opportunity at a legal deer or turkey. Like always, I'm looking forward to getting back into one of my stands before sunrise and watching the world come alive. I hope it cools off early this year.
axiom
350 SE
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My goals are to get out this year, and put two deer in the freezer while enjoying the woods with my buddy. I will buy the three tag bundle, and hunt with the handgun during firearms season and hopefully donate a deer to help feed those in need.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

My goal is to hopefully have time to bow hunt... lol

Getting a deer would be ideal! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

See something I can shoot? 😂
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I plan on hunting about every other day seeing how I'm retired. I shot 3 doe last year. The land I hunt was logged last year so it should be rocking with deer this year with all the new growth. I plan on having a safe hunt.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

My son is back home on terminal leave from the Army, so I'll have an extra hunter to share the woods with some days this season. I'd really love to put him on a nice buck. He needs something with more than 6 points on it. It would be nice if he could bag something worthy of a shoulder mount. Which means my primary stand, 'the killing tree', will become his stand this season.

Other than enjoying more time in the woods with family this season, my personal goal is a carry over from late last season. I want to bag a squirrel with my crossbow and capture the shot on my Tactacam. The perfect scenario would be to pick one off the side of a tree that is barking at me sending his carcass flying. :lol:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

My goals this season is to better understand the outdoor life by becomes a keen observer of the ways of Nature and appreciate my sense of place.
Appreciate light and color and where the wind is blowing.
To be a better hunter!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

i am hoping the youth hunter hunting my property will continue the streak and make it 6 successes in 6 years. prior seasons have netted 2 does, 2 8's and one 7.

personal goal of mine is to see 7 deer during the 3 months of seasons
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

My goal this year is to harvest a buck with my new classic Marlin lever action Waffle Top 30-30 with iron sights.
My primary deer rifle for the last 43 years has been A Ruger M77 Bolt gun in 30.06 with a Leopold 2 x 7 .
It has taken a a ton of deer over the years and is a wonderful tool but I picked up a Waffle top Marlin 336 with William's peep sights on it and I have a itch to hunt with it.
This is my first leaver gun and I have not killed a deer with iron sights in all my years , pin sights on a bow do not count.
I will have 2 1/2 days to do it in November.
This model has not been made since 1952 and the Waffle Top refers to the Receiver top engraving pattern prier to blueing to reduce glair.
This gun is not taped or grooved for scopes strictly a iron sight set up.
I really like the peep sights but the front bead can be hard to see in low light , I am considering looking into a fiber optic front bead for it but not sure if I want to do that to such a classic arm .
Here is a youtub link to a video on this model Marlin 336 Rc Waffle top if anyone is bored and wants to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dVmL710f2c&t=2s
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

At this point in my life just getting to hunt tick toters is a Goal now. I picked up my Senior Disabled Lic. for hunting n fishing. My season opens in 57 days. Don't believe everything you hear of the great Bucks of Ky. I have hunted n saw some of the smallest tick toters i have ever seen here, in years passed i could hold a Doe up by the hind feet n her head not touch the ground, So one of my goals is to kill a tick toter with my .44 Blk. powder Revolver. Another would be to kill one with my Flintlock. I sold every rifle i owned n pistol. I own one shotgun my Pa left to me when he passed away. Its a Win. model 12 pump 16 ga. I have it in case some stupid punk thinks they need to break in on us. Then i shall show them the wrath of God when it speaks. It has no plug just room for 7 shells
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

Nothing lofty for me, I just want to hunt deer another season and whack more geese.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

I plan to put a deer or two in the freezer and continue reducing the coyote population maybe a fall turkey. I have flocks of them feeding by at 20yds but always talk myself out of pulling the trigger thinking there may be a nice buck nearby. At 71yrs old I just feel privileged to spend time in the woods. Found a lake with 6 and 7 lb.. bass to keep me occupied til hunting season.