The sky is not falling

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

The sky is not falling

Post by Boo »

https://www.archerybusiness.com/pure-archery-group-sold-to-jdh-capital-and-other-industry-news?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%0A%20Title%20%20%0APure%20Archery%20Group%20Sold%20to%20JDH%20Capital%20and%20Other%20Industry%20News%0A%20End%20Title%20%0A&utm_campaign=ARB220719
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Re: The sky is not falling

Post by AJ01 »

Perhaps I can now get a real Excalibur dealer within driving distance of my home!!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Not that I don't believe you Don, but i"m still going to wear a hard hat for a while. :|
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
TPM

Post by TPM »

I"ll keep my hardhat on too. Thirty two years working in the manufacturing side of the corporate world I can assure you Capital firm's first mission is to cut and gut. Those who survive will be expected to show "continuous improvement" in order to increase profit margin. In my humble opinion that best thing that could happen to Excalibur with this deal would be to be severed off and sold.
Last edited by TPM on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

They have changed hands before. And what do they make today? Excellent crossbows! I wouldn't let it keep me up at night. And if it did happen to keep me up at night I would turn on a light and gaze upon my collection and slowly.....drift....off....to sleep.
:lol:
Hatchet
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

TPM wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:00 pm
I"ll keep my hardhat on too. Twenty three years working in the manufacturing side of the corporate world I can assure you Capital firm's first mission is to cut and gut. Those who survive will be expected to show "continuous improvement" in order to increase profit margin. In my humble opinion that best thing that could happen to Excalibur with this deal would be to be severed off and sold.
This has been my experience too. However, when I looked up this JDH Capital, it appears to be the creation of a rich oil man, looking to diversify his wealth. So it may be good thing. Just have to wait and see.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Pretty sure it's now under the same ownership that Savage Arms has been a part of the last few years. And they've definitely been keeping up from what I can see, so hopefully they let Excal do what they do best, as prior ownership did.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

TPM wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:00 pm
I"ll keep my hardhat on too. Twenty three years working in the manufacturing side of the corporate world I can assure you Capital firm's first mission is to cut and gut. Those who survive will be expected to show "continuous improvement" in order to increase profit margin. In my humble opinion that best thing that could happen to Excalibur with this deal would be to be severed off and sold.
That's what I have seen over the years, an example is Remington Arms.

1993; Remington sold to the New York investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R)

2007, Remington sold to a private equity firm, Cerberus Capital Management

These entities did not seem to focus on quality control, from my experience.

They went through bankruptcy proceedings twice in the last few year, partly due to a lawsuit that cannot be blamed on he owners for sure, but years of Capital Firm ownership did a lot of damage.

The company was broken up and sold piecemeal, the firearms operation purchased by a company called Roundhill, and the future of that operation appears to hang in the balance at this time.
10Ring
Boo

Post by Boo »

What's with all the negativity? I find my life is much better thinking in a positive manner and with an open mind.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

The best part…. All my wide limb bows will shoot longer than I will ever live to shoot them, so… well… I’m still set.😁
TPM

Post by TPM »

Boo wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:54 pm
What's with all the negativity? I find my life is much better thinking in a positive manner and with an open mind.
Too many years of working for large corporations has definitely made me cynical. I worked for General Electric for 17 years. When they first bought us I was in a meeting with some higher ups and they asked us "What does GE do?". People answered "build appliances", "build turbines ", "broadcasting" and on and on. They said, "Nope. We make shareholders money, period. All those things mentioned are how we go about doing it". Over the next 17 years all major decisions were based not on how we can serve the industry but instead on how can we maximize profits within what market share we have. I'm not trying to sound negative just realistic. If Excalibur is turning a healthy profit and they're the only crossbow manufacturer in the portfolio then they likely have little to worry about.

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Boo

Post by Boo »

TPM wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:40 pm
Boo wrote:
Too many years of working for large corporations has definitely made me cynical. I worked for General Electric for 17 years. When they first bought us I was in a meeting with some higher ups and they asked us "What does GE do?". People answered "build appliances", "build turbines ", "broadcasting" and on and on. They said, "Nope. We make shareholders money, period. All those things mentioned are how we go about doing it". Over the next 17 years all major decisions were based not on how we can serve the industry but instead on how can we maximize profits within what market share we have. I'm not trying to sound negative just realistic. If Excalibur is turning a healthy profit and they're the only crossbow manufacturer in the portfolio then they likely have little to worry about.
When I had a life changing event that put me on a crossroad, I asked my self, do I want to be an employee or an employer. As an employee, you have no real choice in your future. As an employer, I have control but at great risk!
Shareholders are people like you and me, we have at minimum RRSPs. So most employees are shareholders who don't like to see their investments lose money. It is however difficult to sit there and wonder what direction the employer is taking and his long range plans. That can be very disconcerting. But being an employer is not for the faint of heart. The reality is, both suck.
janesy

Post by janesy »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:14 pm
Pretty sure it's now under the same ownership that Savage Arms has been a part of the last few years. And they've definitely been keeping up from what I can see, so hopefully they let Excal do what they do best, as prior ownership did.
Haha! Maybe that will make me a dealer by default.

Actually on second thought that's bad.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
TPM

Post by TPM »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:30 am
TPM wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:40 pm
Boo wrote:
When I had a life changing event that put me on a crossroad, I asked my self, do I want to be an employee or an employer. As an employee, you have no real choice in your future. As an employer, I have control but at great risk!
Shareholders are people like you and me, we have at minimum RRSPs. So most employees are shareholders who don't like to see their investments lose money. It is however difficult to sit there and wonder what direction the employer is taking and his long range plans. That can be very disconcerting. But being an employer is not for the faint of heart. The reality is, both suck.
Kudos to those who are self employed but it's definitely not for me. I'm a 9 to 5'er, I don't want to worry about or even think about work after I leave. I have a brother who has been self employed most of his working life and he always says, "The best thing about being self employed is you get to choose which 6 out the 7 days of the week you work".

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I retired from a full time job in 2007. :clap:
Started my own business in 2009. Kept it going until "Covid" arrived. Closed the doors on it due to the pandemic. :thumbdown:
In the fall of '21, I started another business. I work at it whenever the mood strikes me, which is almost every day!! :lol: :lol:
Running a business isn't all it's cracked up to be...

But at least I don't have to ask the boss if I can take off and go hunting!! :mrgreen:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!