Gas prices

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

Gas prices

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

How are gas prices in your neck of the woods? Was high around here for about$4.38 and now around $3.50. Thought it might curb some of my hunt trips. Food prices seem to be out of control now. Could be as high as it is in California but if I lived there, I would have more problems to worry about than just the gas prices!
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
Al in Mi

Re: Gas prices

Post by Al in Mi »

$4.39 here couple hours north of the motor city, has dropped about a buck over last couple of weeks.

We have a pretty set list of groceries every week, 30%ish more even with the generic brands.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

$3.96 here is SE WI.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

$ 3.99 here in my neck of the woods.
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Boo

Post by Boo »

Our prices have dropped as well but we are told to get ready for another price hike. As well, our federal government is supposedly planning on additional taxes.
Provincial Current Averages in cents
Alberta 172.9/L
Ontario 174.4/L
Prince Edward Island 185.6/L
Quebec 188.3/L
Saskatchewan 179.5/L
There are 3.785 litres per US gallon
Some people just like stepping on rakes
artifact

Post by artifact »

$4.249 a gal. here in NE Pa.
It's not just gas prices, last year's fuel oil was $3.00 a gal., ($2.50 prepay), I just filled @ $4.50 a gal., coal was slightly less than $200 a ton, getting coal today @ $385 a ton, huge price increases along with everything else!
grouse

Post by grouse »

$3.69 last week at Costco (really $3.54 after 4% discount for Costco Visa) not sure what it is now.
axiom
350 SE
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

We use or "reward points " with Brookshires Grocery and Murhphy Oil. Fuel has been running about $3.50 for the most part. If you buy it at a regular gas retailer, it's running $3.68 or better locally.
The high here has been around $4.68 a gallon.

But like others have said, the cost of groceries has skyrocketed!! We don't buy a lot of stuff, but even staples have gone up. I see folks paying $8 dollars a pound for hamburger meat! :wtf: That's insane!! I don't know how a guy with a wife and a couple of kids can afford it?

I'm extremely thankful for a freezer full of stuff! :angel:

If I am able to procure a few animals this season, it looks like they will more than likely be ground to hamburger in large part. Then pan sausage, link sausage and summer sausage!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

$ 7.53 per US gallon here on The Rock.

And our illustrious Sock Puppet is set to increase taxes on that once again. :evil:

Sheesh! :shock:
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Getting fuel at a local wholesale club (BJ’s) at $3.799 right now in central New Hampshire. Other stations are closer to and over $4.
Just did a “pre-buy” on propane for next winter and paid $3.479 per gallon for 1100 gallons 😢😭😳
Oh yeah FJB😡
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Germany, Mannheim

6,54$ a gallon
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Texas full-sized 4-wheel drive, off-road, all-terrain vehicle. Great gas mileage!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Nice looking stone grey horse you got there !
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I want everything to stay sky high till November....let people decide if this is the "best path " it might help people in their decision process you start hitting people in the pocket book they sometimes regain their voting senses again!
Instead of simply offering attractive incentives for buying an electric vehicle this method of shoving it down our throat is not particularly popular with me.
They can only lie for so long .
They forgot that we just survived the pandemic and didn't even give a year or two to financially recover from the ill it brought gotta love the uniting feeling...
Any new car or truck you buy today will easily give a 10 year service life they just expect you to just get rid of the car or truck you bought last year .
The answer to you question is $4 60 a gallon here sorry had to vent.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Normous wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:32 pm
Nice looking stone grey horse you got there !
He is a fairly handsome fellow :thumbup: ...his only draw back to me is he has one white "sock" and not 4 black "stockings". And he does have a "black blaze" on his face.
And he's pretty smart! :D