OT: Canadain Firearm Buy Back Program

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: OT: Canadain Firearm Buy Back Program

Post by IronNoggin »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QTCE_mc-xg
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Notice of meeting
Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU)
44th Parliament, 1st Session

Meeting 36
Tuesday, October 4, 2022, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Room 025-B, West Block
Televised

Bill C-21, An Act to amend certain Acts and to make certain consequential amendments (firearms)

https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/44-1/SECU/meeting-36/notice
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20221003/canadian-provinces-respond-to-federal-gun-confiscation-plea-pound-sand
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Trudeau plays the Racism Card... Again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8zAfX1ChaI
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Canadian Provinces Respond to Federal Gun Confiscation Plea: Pound Sand

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20221003/canadian-provinces-respond-to-federal-gun-confiscation-plea-pound-sand
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Legislative Assembly Urges Liberals Not To Use Resources For Firearms Confiscation

WHITEHORSE – A Yukon Party Official Opposition motion urging the Yukon government to ensure RCMP resources are not used to enforce the federal government’s gun confiscation program has passed.

The Yukon Legislative Assembly adopted the motion Wednesday afternoon with the support of Yukon Party and Yukon NDP MLAs.

The motion passed by the Legislative Assembly reads:

THAT this House urges the Yukon government to ensure that territorial policing resources are not diverted to assist in the implementation of the Government of Canada’s gun “buy-back” program.

“The National Police Federation, which is the union representing RCMP members, has made it clear that the Trudeau government’s Order in Council prohibiting various firearms and the ‘buy-back’ program will divert police resources away from dealing with organized crime,” Cathers said. “RCMP members said the federal Liberal government’s firearms measures actually divert important personnel and resources from where they are needed most. We are happy the motion passed, and hope the territorial government will respect the will of the Yukon Legislative Assembly.”

https://www.yukonpartycaucus.ca/legislative_assembly_urges_liberals_not_to_use_resources_for_firearms_confiscation
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Love it!

I bet turdo and Jughead didn't see the lack of Policing support for the confiscaion of our legally acquired property.

Now we need Ole dough boy to wake up and do the right thing!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I have zero to do with moderating this forum but I can tell you that if you want to keep this thread alive and continue to inform people, stop posting in poor taste or anything political. I know it's tempting but it is self-defeating.

Don't shoot the messenger
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Seems to me it's political all the way! I guess Canadian Politics is OK. I have been slapped for less than this several times, but hey, we here in the USA are used to double standards! :eusa-whistle:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

No it is not political all the way. Yes, there are some references to Liberal and Trudeau and there should not be. All I know is what I've seen as far as what threads have been deleted. A good informative thread with good input is one that doesn't take sides. When we add words like Liberal and Trudeau, we taint that information. :eusa-deadhorse:
More importantly, this is not our house, we are guests so we should try to act like guests.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:21 am
I have zero to do with moderating this forum but I can tell you that if you want to keep this thread alive and continue to inform people, stop posting in poor taste or anything political. I know it's tempting but it is self-defeating.

Don't shoot the messenger
Guys, I'm the first to admit I've often made comment publicly in the old threads regarding politics.

But this one is different. This is political in nature for sure, but it effects every single Canadian's law abiding status directly, including mods and site owners, outdoorsman and their families. I personally am heavily invested in this cause, however I do not have time or resources any more to monitor the different faculties of government over the entire country. So I greatly appreciate the work Matt is doing to keep us informed.

With that said, and I'm using a wide brush here, we do know that YouTube links to irrelevant content, name calling and otherwise pinpointing of events on this site from days gone buy and going to have this removed. Which will not do anyone any favor.

So please, if you've posted something, self moderate and remove it. If this thread irritates you because of the old Off-topic section, or you don't know or care what Bill C-71 is, just don't read this thread.

This is relevant content from the standpoint of any outdoorsman, or at least it should be. Please let's not lose this thread.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

What? We have a recession? No we don't. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Someone asked previously why Alberta would bother setting up their own firearm license processing (and more) administration to replace that of the feds.

Here's the short answer:

Alberta gun owners struggle to renew licenses due to massive federal delays

With hunting seasons open across Alberta, many firearms owners are finding themselves facing a difficult decision.

To have a firearm you must have a possession and acquisition license – also known as a PAL – but unusually long delays in renewing licenses means some will have to pass on their annual hunting trips or risk running afoul of the law.

The delays are affecting as many as 60,000 or 70,000 Albertans this year and Alberta's chief firearms officer Teri Bryant says applications are taking between six and nine months to complete.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/alberta-gun-owners-struggle-to-renew-licenses-due-to-massive-federal-delays-1.6096055

I do not know if these delays are intentional, or due to incompetence. However it is quite clear problems with the current system exist and Alberta is preparing to tackle them head on.

Cheers
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

New Brunswick Joins In:

Ministers from four provinces oppose use of police resources for gun buyback

Justice and public safety ministers from four provinces called on the federal government to halt its plans to use RCMP and police resources during the coming confiscation of banned firearms.

According to the provincial government, ministers from Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba and New Brunswick oppose the move, saying police resources are scarce and should be used to improve public safety rather than to “confiscate legally acquired firearms.” Instead, the ministers argued, gun crime should be fought through tighter border security, and by cracking down on smuggling and illegal firearms trafficking.

The four provinces also jointly called on the federal government to “ensure that no funding for the Guns and Gang Violence Action Fund or other public safety initiatives be diverted to the federal firearms confiscation program.”

“While we fully support crime initiatives that focus on the issues related to the criminal use of illegal firearms, preventing and combatting gang violence and addressing the issue of illegal or smuggled guns in our province, we don’t support those that impact law abiding hunters, sport shooters, ranchers, farmers and Indigenous people who use firearms for lawful and good reasons,” Saskatchewan Justice Minister Bronwyn Eyre and Corrections, Policing and Public Safety Minister Christine Tell said in a joint statement.

Their comments were echoed in a statement by Kirk Austin, New Brunswick’s minister of public safety.

“New Brunswick’s bottom line is this: RCMP resources are spread thin as it is,” Austin said.

“We have made it clear to the Government of Canada that we cannot condone any use of those limited resources, at all, in their planned buyback program.”

https://northeastnow.com/2022/10/14/ministers-from-four-provinces-oppose-use-of-police-resources-for-gun-buyback/
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Now, if Ontario would only join in. It might not be the death of the confiscation, but it would at least help to undermine the program.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.